F2MC-16 Family SOFTUNE fcc907s C COMPILER

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
EhFr_4549346
Level 1
Level 1
Welcome! First reply posted First question asked

Hi, I'm new to this compiler but have some experience with gcc and arm compiler.

I want to make sure, 2 source files will end up producing the same object files.

So I was trying to compare the compiler output object files (somefile.o), generated from different projects.

I know that in order to do this I need to remove the added debug information from the object files.

In gcc we have the following command:

strip *.o

With arm compiler we can use:

arm-none-eabi-strip *.o

And with the fcc907s Cmpiler ???

I was also trying to use the -Xg flag, to not generate the debug information. this did not work for me (as can be seen in the image bellow).

Compare method: I generate an object file, cut and paste it somewhere else, regenerate it again and text compare it with the pasted file.

pastedImage_3.png

How can I compare 2 object files?

Is there's another way to make sure, 2 source files will end up producing the same object files?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Dear author,

Checked SOFTUNE C Compiler Manual, and "-Xg" option exits.

However, it is to cancel "-g" and seems to be not remove debug information.

could you please check the "SOFTUNE C Compiler Manual?

And since the maintenance of "SOFTUNE" has been terminated, so if you need further support, please contact to CY/IFX sales representative.

pastedImage_0.png

SOFTUNE™ C Compiler Manual

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Takashi_M
1000 replies posted 500 solutions authored 750 replies posted

Dear Author,

could you please let us know the reason why you want to compare object file (same C source) in different projects?

regards.

0 Likes

Hi, thanks for the response.

We have source file duplication across company's projects. We'd like to join those to a common library. We need to check if there are no variations.

In any case,

Is there's another way to make sure, 2 source files will end up producing the same object files?

looking forward for your answer.

0 Likes

Dear Author,

We have discussed internally how this topic can be supported.

Then, since we can not continue to discuss in CDC (public place), could you please contact to Cypress/IFX sales representative?

we are really sorry for your inconvenience, but appreciate your comprehension for this.

regards.

0 Likes

Hi, For the sake of other customers of yours I would like to keep this discussion public (hope you'll understand).

Let me rephrase my question:

I use strip command with gcc tools in some projects to be able to generate the same binary with the same source all the time, for the sake of repeatability in QA. Is there an equivalent in the fuji compiler? I tried -Xg option without success. I can never suppress some temp path for an .asm file in the .o header.

Many thanks in advance

0 Likes

Dear author,

Checked SOFTUNE C Compiler Manual, and "-Xg" option exits.

However, it is to cancel "-g" and seems to be not remove debug information.

could you please check the "SOFTUNE C Compiler Manual?

And since the maintenance of "SOFTUNE" has been terminated, so if you need further support, please contact to CY/IFX sales representative.

pastedImage_0.png

SOFTUNE™ C Compiler Manual

0 Likes