Amplifier Simulation

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
OsFe_2822791
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

Hello everyone,

Is there any Cypress software called Amplifier Simulation or some software which is capable of simulating the differents values of the components in a filter?

Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

OsFe,

I've updated this post today.  It now includes better simulation models.

I've attached a set of files to run on LTSpice.

To mimic the Figure 2 configuration, open the file AC Amp w_Neg_FB.asc.  All the other files are support for this schematic.

Here's a list of the files:

FileDescription
AC Amp w_Neg_FB.ascThe Figure 1 simulation file
AC Amp w_Neg_FB.pltPlot definitions
AMPINV.ascAMPINV equivalent circuit
AMPINV.asyAMPINV symbol
AMPINVTest.ascAMPINV Test Simulation
PGA.ascPGA equivalent circuit
PGA.asy

PGA symbol

PGATest.ascPGA Test Simulation
PGA and AMPINV Gain or Loss.xlsxPGA and AMPINV gain/loss worksheet

Here's a snip of the sim circuit.

pastedImage_11.png

Here is a plot output of this file's AC simulation.

pastedImage_9.png

Here is a snip of the AC gain analysis from the App Note:

pastedImage_10.png

The two Gain Frequency responses are nearly exact.

It is not 'perfect' to the PSoC but this simulation can be modified to prove out your concepts.

It uses a generic ADI AD820 Opamp (not necessarily PSoC1 specs) as a starting point.

These models might not be fully PSoC1 but are a good starting point for your analysis.

Len

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

OsFe,

When I want to simulate analog circuits I use LTSpice from Analog Devices Inc.  It's an excellent product and FREE!  (Can't beat that price!)

Here's a link to the download page:  https://www.analog.com/en/design-center/design-tools-and-calculators/ltspice-simulator.html#

I hope this helps.

Len

Len
0 Likes

Hello,

thank you for your response. LTSpice it´s a good software, thank you. But I read something about Amplifier Simulation software which is perfect to my aplication. Here you can read it, but I can´t found. https://www.cypress.com/file/362726/download

0 Likes

OsFe,

Thanks for the link to the AppNote.  This is an old AppNote (circa. 2005) for a PSoC1.  Even if you can find the "Amplifier Simulator", I'm not sure the PGA/Opamp parameters will be the same.

Tomorrow I'll try to interpret the OpAmp parameters from the datasheet to create some LTSpice models.  Then you can create your own simulation circuits.

Which PSoCx are you using?

Len

Len
0 Likes

Hi,

I´m using PSoC 1, specifically CY8C29466. Now I´m trying to make an High Pass Filter with a PGA and two SCBLK simulating the AC Amplifier with Negative Feedback of the previous link (Figure 2).

Thank you so much.

0 Likes

OsFe,

In the meantime, you could contact: Vadym Grygorenko @  vad_gr@ukr.net. if he still uses that address.

Len

Len
0 Likes

Hi Len,

what can I ask Vadym? Thank you.

Oscar.

0 Likes

OsFe,

Vadym was the author of the Appnote.

It might be that Cypress once distributed the Amplifier sim program but no longer does.  Hopefully Vadym might still have a copy of it.

Len

Len
0 Likes

Hi Len,

I wrote to Vadym but there´s no answer, I'm afraid he doesn't have the program or doesn't use this email. Anyway, do you know if it is possible to simulate the circuit equivalent to Figure 2 of the AppNote in LTSpice?

Thank you so much.

Regards.

0 Likes

OsFe,

Theoretically yes.  A simulation is only as good as its' models.

I'll take a look at creating a reasonable simulation of the PSoC1 PGA component.  I say reasonable because the model will contain many of the elements Cypress reveals in their specification sheet.  Other elements such as internal routing switching resistances and parasitic capacitance are probably not shared with the customer community.  This is why the "Amplifier Simulation" tool (if available) would have been better.  The designer of the tool might have had inside knowledge of these elements.

I'll try to create a model with these "hard to get" internal elements as placeholders with nominal values.  You can then adjust them if you wish.

Len

Len
0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

OsFe,

I've updated this post today.  It now includes better simulation models.

I've attached a set of files to run on LTSpice.

To mimic the Figure 2 configuration, open the file AC Amp w_Neg_FB.asc.  All the other files are support for this schematic.

Here's a list of the files:

FileDescription
AC Amp w_Neg_FB.ascThe Figure 1 simulation file
AC Amp w_Neg_FB.pltPlot definitions
AMPINV.ascAMPINV equivalent circuit
AMPINV.asyAMPINV symbol
AMPINVTest.ascAMPINV Test Simulation
PGA.ascPGA equivalent circuit
PGA.asy

PGA symbol

PGATest.ascPGA Test Simulation
PGA and AMPINV Gain or Loss.xlsxPGA and AMPINV gain/loss worksheet

Here's a snip of the sim circuit.

pastedImage_11.png

Here is a plot output of this file's AC simulation.

pastedImage_9.png

Here is a snip of the AC gain analysis from the App Note:

pastedImage_10.png

The two Gain Frequency responses are nearly exact.

It is not 'perfect' to the PSoC but this simulation can be modified to prove out your concepts.

It uses a generic ADI AD820 Opamp (not necessarily PSoC1 specs) as a starting point.

These models might not be fully PSoC1 but are a good starting point for your analysis.

Len

Len

Hi Len,

thank you so much for your response. I am really grateful. You´ve done a very good job. It will be useful for me, thanks.

PD: Vadym answered me. I will add the software in this response but if you can not see, please let me know and I will send you by email.

0 Likes