Cannot program CYW920721B2EVK-02 Evaluation Kit

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
alca_3047856
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 questions asked 5 sign-ins

Hello Everyone,

I just started playing with the CYW920721B2EVK-02 Evaluation Kit, and I cannot seem to program it through:

ModusToolbox

Version:  2.1.0

Build ID: 1905

I was trying to download the HRS sample program, but keep getting this error:

Programming target device ...

Detecting serial port ...

Serial port not detected...

Download failed

If the serial port was not detected, make sure no other program such as ClientControl has the port open.

If you have issues downloading to the kit, follow the steps below:

Press and hold the 'Recover' button on the kit.

Press and hold the 'Reset' button on the kit.

Release the 'Reset' button.

After one second, release the 'Recover' button.

make[1]: *** [../../../wiced_btsdk/dev-kit/baselib/20721B2/make/recipe/program.mk:102: qprogram] Error 1

make: *** [../../../wiced_btsdk/dev-kit/baselib/20721B2/make/core/main.mk:350: secondstage] Error 2

When the board is connected to my pc,  I am able to see the ports in device manager:

pastedImage_3.png

Do I need to purchase some external programmer in order to develop on this eval board?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Charles_Lai
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

Hi,

The wire connection and your hardware seem all in good condition and configuration.

And please note that the programming port you are going to use should be COM3, based on the picture you shared, because it's WICED HCI UART. Identifying the right port is useful when solving programming issues.

Now try these steps:

a) Quit all other software that could occupy the port COM3. Then try to program again.

b) Press Reset and Recovery buttons at the same time to reset the board to Recovery Mode. Then try to program again. Please find the relevant document illustrating this procedure.

c) Open the file makefile which is located in root of your MTB project. Find the line starting with "UART?=" and change the line to "UART?=COM3", as the following pictures show to you. Then try to program again. With this modification, you are able to specify a certain port to use.

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

Sincere regards

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Charles_Lai
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

Hi,

The wire connection and your hardware seem all in good condition and configuration.

And please note that the programming port you are going to use should be COM3, based on the picture you shared, because it's WICED HCI UART. Identifying the right port is useful when solving programming issues.

Now try these steps:

a) Quit all other software that could occupy the port COM3. Then try to program again.

b) Press Reset and Recovery buttons at the same time to reset the board to Recovery Mode. Then try to program again. Please find the relevant document illustrating this procedure.

c) Open the file makefile which is located in root of your MTB project. Find the line starting with "UART?=" and change the line to "UART?=COM3", as the following pictures show to you. Then try to program again. With this modification, you are able to specify a certain port to use.

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

Sincere regards

0 Likes

Thank you, step B worked for me:

Press Reset and Recovery buttons at the same time to reset the board to Recovery Mode. Then try to program again. Please find the relevant document illustrating this procedure.

0 Likes