Dark themes - or themes at all in Wiced-Studio?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MaSk_4726556
Level 1
Level 1
First like given

Hi all -- new to Wiced.

I am trying to do something simple -- I want to change the color scheme of the IDE to a dark mode. I know that eclipse supports it -- I can see the themes in the Eclipse marketspace. Problem is that when I try to install them the install always fails because some dependency is missing -- it doesn't really matter which theme it is - they all fail.

Any pointers?

Regards,

Matt

0 Likes
1 Solution
YashM
First question asked 250 sign-ins 100 replies posted

Hi Matt,

The default way to change your WICED IDE theme to dark mode is...

In the menu bar, head to Window -> Preferences -> General -> Appearance, there you will find the Dark mode under Theme menu.

I am attaching the screen shots for your reference

pastedImage_0.png

Regarding the Eclipse marketspace, even I am facing the same issue (not sure why) and will get back to you once it is solved, but for a time being you can use the above solution.

Thanks and regards

Yash

View solution in original post

3 Replies
YashM

Hi Matt,

The default way to change your WICED IDE theme to dark mode is...

In the menu bar, head to Window -> Preferences -> General -> Appearance, there you will find the Dark mode under Theme menu.

I am attaching the screen shots for your reference

pastedImage_0.png

Regarding the Eclipse marketspace, even I am facing the same issue (not sure why) and will get back to you once it is solved, but for a time being you can use the above solution.

Thanks and regards

Yash

Thanks! Pending the marketplace issue, this has helped. Not sure why I never saw it -- doh.

Matt

0 Likes
YashM

Hi Matt,

The update is, WICED studio does not support Eclipse marketplace.

Thanks

Yash

0 Likes