Can't find Direct Test Mode firmware for CY8CKIT-062 Bluetooth LE Module.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ShKh_4742226
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings.

I'm currently attempting to run Bluetooth Low Energy Tests on the CY8CKIT-062-WiFi-BT module using Direct Test Mode on the CMW-500. However, I can't seem to find the right firmware for Direct Test Mode for the device in question. I have tried looking up a DTM project in the PSoC Creator's Start page, but nothing came up for PSoC 62. I then proceeded to build a sample project for Direct test mode (by setting the search filter to 'All') but couldn't program it on my targeted device due to the following error:

pastedImage_1.png

I then changed the device using the device selector menu in the 'Project' menu bar:

pastedImage_1.png

However, upon attempting to build the modified sample project, the following errors occured:

pastedImage_0.png

Therrefore, I just wanted to inquire about the exact procedure for running CY8CKIT-062 in DTM. Am I on the right path, or is there an entirely different project used for the device in question.

Thank You

Kind Regards,

Shahrukh

0 Likes
3 Replies
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi Sharukh,

The code example you are looking is for PSoC 6 BLE based device. The kit you have to use for this code example is CY8CKIT-062-BLE.

To access the code examples with this kit which uses wifi-bt module you have to download and install the Modus Toolbox 2.1 software. Please download it from the link below:

https://www.cypress.com/products/modustoolbox-software-environment

After installing please refer the documentation in the Documentation section of the same link. Anyways, I am attaching the user guide for Modus toolbox 2.1 .

Please get back if you are finding any difficulties.

Happy learning !!

Thanks

Ganesh

Hello Ganesh,

Thank you for your timely and helpful response. I have configured Modus Toolbox 2.1 with the module and have also ran a sample 'Hello World' example on it. However, I can't seem to find the DTM example on either the Modus IDE or GitHub. Where exactly can I locate it?

Thank you

Regards,

Shahrukh

0 Likes

Hello Shahrukh,

DTM example is not yet a part of MTB 2.1. But you can use WICED Studio to program the CY8CKIT-062-WiFi-BT in direct test mode.

WICED Studio download: WICED Studio Wi-Fi/Combo Docs & Downloads

Sincerely apologize for recommending so many different software solutions. Going forward, MTB 2.1 will be the preferred and comprehensive solution for this kit. But for now, if you need DTM, you can use the test.bt_mfg_test example in WICED Studio. Please let me know if you have any further questions regarding this.

0 Likes