Status of CY8C20396A-24lqxi

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JeFe_286036
Level 3
Level 3

Greetings

I wish to use this device in a new consumer product as it fits my goals in a single chip

- low pin count

- low cost

- small footprint

- capsense with slider

- USB

- I2C

- Wide Operating voltage from 1.7V

I am getting confusing feedback from Cypress agents on whether I should choose this device or a PSOC4 with 64QFN configuration as there is a push towards PSOC4 with CM0 core.

I want to know the official position regarding this device and what is the availability ahead.

Regards

Jerson

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello Jerson,

The closest alternatives are

CY8C5268LTI-LP030  68QFN(8x8mm) PSOC(R) 5LP: CY8C52LP FAMILY DATASHEET PROGRAMMABLE SYSTEM-ON-CHIP

CY8C4246AZI-L423    48TQFP(7x7mm) PSoC 4 PSoC 4200L Family Datasheet

Best regards,

Sampath Selvaraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
SampathS_11
250 sign-ins 250 solutions authored 5 questions asked

Hello Jerson,

The part CY8C20396A-24lqxi is in production right now, and hence you may use it in your design. However, choosing a part from PSoC4 family will give you an advantage of longer product life cycle. The availability of our parts depends on the market demand, and hence we would be unable to give you a firm horizon till when CY8C20396A-24lqxi will be available.

Another aspect to consider is development tools. Maintenance and upgrades are frozen for PSoC1 development tools, PSoC Designer. On the other hand, development tools for PSoC4, PSoC Creator and ModusToolbox have both maintenance and upgrade releases.

Do kindly let me know if you have additional questions.

Best regards,

Sampath Selvaraj

Dear Sampath

Thank you for the clarification. I would think this statement also applies to the CY8C24493A-24LTXI which I am currently using for the USB HID functionality as it belongs to the same family. 

Would you be able to suggest an equivalent for the CY8C20396A-24LQXI from your newer product families which have the following?  The product selector on the website seems to be broken beyond use. I found the selector within the toolchain does a better job of suggesting parts for use either in designer or creator. 

Low pin count

Low cost (target consumer gadget)

FS USB

Smart sense

Small footprint maybe 4x4mm QFN (space constrained design)

I have quite a few designs using the PSoC1 family devices and will like your feedback on this. My design is not India specific, so local availability is not a consideration for me. Also, frozen updates to the PSOC designer toolchain do not bother me so long as it gets the job done.

Regards

Jerson

0 Likes

Hello Jerson,

The closest alternatives are

CY8C5268LTI-LP030  68QFN(8x8mm) PSOC(R) 5LP: CY8C52LP FAMILY DATASHEET PROGRAMMABLE SYSTEM-ON-CHIP

CY8C4246AZI-L423    48TQFP(7x7mm) PSoC 4 PSoC 4200L Family Datasheet

Best regards,

Sampath Selvaraj

0 Likes