Unable to wake up from Deep Sleep (PSOC 6)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Mami_4416356
Level 1
Level 1

I'm using CYBLE-416045-02 in a custom application. I am trying to configure a switch as a sleep/wake-up button. I am able to use the interrupt to wake up from 'sleep', but not from 'deep sleep'.

I followed the suggestion from this thread, but without success:

Re: GPIO Interrupt won't wake from DeepSleep

I am using a Global Signal to generate the interrupt:

pastedImage_0.png

And I am initializing the interrupt like this:

On the first button press, the interrupt is generated, and the MCU goes to deep sleep. But subsequent button presses do not wake the system up from deep sleep.

Additionally, the code worked on the Psoc 6 development kit, but is not working for my custom PCB. Are there any suggestions for what I may be missing?

Thank you!

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi,

The project you have attached is working when I tried in the CYBLE-416045-01 development kit CY8CPROTO-063-BLE at my side. I have made little changes to the project as mentioned in the document attached. I am attaching the project also.

I have few comment to your schematic:

1. If you are using the P5[5] as interrupt pin with rising edge for interrupt trigger, please keep a pull-down resistor of 100kilo ohm on the pin.

I noticed in the document you attached for interrupt configuration, the table does not list interrupts from Port 5. Is this a typo? The button interrupt in my application is from Port 5.

Yes. The document I attached was for different family. Please check the page number 62 from the document below. The port 5 interrupt is IRQ5.

https://www.cypress.com/file/385621/download

Thanks

Ganesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
lock attach
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

Can you please attach your complete project? We would like to see the interrupt configuration in the Interrupts tab.

>>"Additionally, the code worked on the Psoc 6 development kit, but is not working for my custom PCB. Are there any suggestions for what I may be missing?"

--> From this statement it appears that the issue may lie in the schematic also. Can you please attach your schematic too?

--> Please check the pin connections in the board as well as pin configurator.

--> If you are not using WCO in your application, please disable it in the clocks tab. The CYBLE-416045-02 does not come with WCO. You need to connect it externally on your custom board. 

The attached document may help you to cross verify the interrupt configuration.

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes
lock attach

Attached is a stripped down version of my code and schematic. The WCO is disabled, and I've checked the pin connections.

I noticed in the document you attached for interrupt configuration, the table does not list interrupts from Port 5. Is this a typo? The button interrupt in my application is from Port 5.

Thank you for your help!

0 Likes
lock attach

Hi,

The project you have attached is working when I tried in the CYBLE-416045-01 development kit CY8CPROTO-063-BLE at my side. I have made little changes to the project as mentioned in the document attached. I am attaching the project also.

I have few comment to your schematic:

1. If you are using the P5[5] as interrupt pin with rising edge for interrupt trigger, please keep a pull-down resistor of 100kilo ohm on the pin.

Yes. The document I attached was for different family. Please check the page number 62 from the document below. The port 5 interrupt is IRQ5.

https://www.cypress.com/file/385621/download

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes