Psoc5lp how to erase protected flash with kitprog?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
bezobraznic
Level 2
Level 2
25 sign-ins 10 likes given 10 sign-ins

Hello All!! Ihave a psoc5 with enabled (F-factory upgrade) option. Now, I need to upgrade firmware, but Kitprog  cant connect to it. I try to erase flash, but without success/

Thanks!!

0 Likes
7 Replies
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Hello,

Irrespective of the flash protection modes, you can always perform an EraseAll flash and program a new firmware with new protection settings. If you aren't able to erase the flash, it means that you have probably enabled device security on the chip by writing into the Write Once (WO) latch.

If you implement device security, you can no longer enter debug or test mode and hence cannot perform an erase or alter the contents of internal memory. Did you write to this WO Latch to implement device security?

For more information please refer to the section Flash Protection and Device Security in the PSoC5LP Architecture TRM.

Regards,
Dheeraj

0 Likes

Hello!   No, I didn`t enable WO latch, but  I`ve enabled "Enable device protection" in System tab! After succesful programming,  Kitprog  can`t connect to mcu.

0 Likes

Enabling device protection disables debugging but still allows Kitprog to connect to the MCU for reprogramming operations. Please open PSoC Programmer and connect your board. Please let us know what error is shown in the console.

Please refer to the Troubleshooting guide to see if the error you see in the console is solved there: Troubleshooting PSoC® 3/4/5LP Programming/Debugging Issues - KBA210619

Regards,
Dheeraj

0 Likes

1.jpg

0 Likes

AlMe,

Are you using one of the eval or kit boards for your project? Ie. CY8CKIT-059?  CY8CKIT-050?

Is it possible that the board was physically stressed to potentially break one of the SWD lines between the KitProg section on the target PSoC5 section?

Len

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."
0 Likes

Hi. Yes I'm using kitprog from 059. Target device is on another board. There is no any breaks. I can program any psocs without problem. But after using flash security target mcu is blocked. Program on it, is working fine, but I can't erase/upgrade it ! And I don't have Microprog3. So I can't do anything with that mcu .

0 Likes

Can you please attach your project? I want to have a look at your code and various project settings.

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes