CY8CPROTO-062-4343W Windows 10 DAPLink failure

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NaDa_4752626
Level 1
Level 1

Hi team,

I recently got a CY8CPROTO-062-4343W (PSoC 6 Wi-Fi BT Prototyping Kit), and I am running into an issue.

I followed the instructions to use fw-loader --update-kp3, booted into DAPLink mode (fw-loader --mode kp3-daplink), installed my composite driver, rebooted my computer, etc. Windows says USB Device not recognized. I tried the troubleshooting steps, removing the drivers, scanning, etc, and nothing seems to work.

>mbedls

>mbedls --version

>fw-loader --update-kp3

Cypress Firmware Updater, Version: 3.0.0.694

(C) Copyright 2018-2020 by Cypress Semiconductor

All Rights Reserved

Info: Start API initialization

Info: Connected - KitProg Bootloader-D90002110B160784

Info: Hardware initialization complete (851 ms)

Device 'KitProg3 Bootloader-D90002110B160784' opened successfully

Info: Bootloader Version: Major 1, Minor 1, Build 60

Info: FW Upgrade to version: 2.00 b809

Info: Bootloading of KitProg FW...

Info: Verifying of KitProg FW...

Info: Bootloading of DAPLink...

Info: Verifying of DAPLink...

Info: Upgrade completed

FW update completed successfully

>fw-loader --mode kp3-daplink

Cypress Firmware Updater, Version: 3.0.0.694

(C) Copyright 2018-2020 by Cypress Semiconductor

All Rights Reserved

Info: Start API initialization

Info: Connected - KitProg3 CMSIS-DAP BULK-160B11D900078400

Info: Hardware initialization complete (602 ms)

Info: Disconnected - KitProg3 CMSIS-DAP BULK-160B11D900078400

Error: Wait for device DAPLink connect is timed out

Mode switch on 'KitProg3 CMSIS-DAP BULK-160B11D900078400' device failed.

I haven't had much luck, and I want to use Mbed. Any advice would be appreciated!

0 Likes
1 Solution

I just figured it out. I was using a usb extension cable, since the provided cable was about 3 inches long, and for some reason that was causing an issue. I had to delete the drivers and play around with it a few more times before it figured it out, but now it shows up.

Thanks team,

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Please follow the steps mentioned in the section "CMSIS-DAPv2 interface driver for DAPLink mode isn’t installed properly on Windows 10" in the Troubleshooting chapter of the KitProg3 User Guide.

That should get DAPLink mode up and working again

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes

I followed those steps, and they did not work.

It says to remove “mbed Serial Port (COMXX),” but this does not appear in my device list, no matter the mode the board is in.

I remove the mbed Composite Device (which was the only entry under the header), and scan for new devices, and it installs as DAPLink CMSIS-DAP\USB Composite Device, but it does not work. Windows still says it does not recognize the device.

I've tried installing the drivers from mbedWinSerial_16466.exe and from Mbed_installer_v0.4.10.exe, but they both perform in the same way.

0 Likes

I just figured it out. I was using a usb extension cable, since the provided cable was about 3 inches long, and for some reason that was causing an issue. I had to delete the drivers and play around with it a few more times before it figured it out, but now it shows up.

Thanks team,

0 Likes