Current draw of BCM20732S while it is held in reset

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am using the BCM20732S as a secondary processor, and the main processor will be determining when the PCB circuitry can be put into low power modes. For low power operation of the BCM20732S,  I am wondering if someone can tell me the current draw of BCM20732S while it is held in reset?  Does anyone have experience with this as a low-power sleep alternative?

Thanks,

Aaron

0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

I asked around, and it seems that holding the chip in reset might be a valid solution as the LDO would still be on but not consuming a lot of power; the power consumption in this mode might be comparable to an equivalent HIDOFF measurement.

We are not planning on documenting this in the datasheet, but we are guessing that the current is probably in the 1uA range?

jaeyoung

View solution in original post

2 Replies
MichaelF_56

We recently updated the power numbers in the BCM20732S Bluetooth Low Energy SiP Module Technical Reference​, but I'm not sure if we instructed the test house to measure current current RESET.

0 Likes
MichaelF_56

I asked around, and it seems that holding the chip in reset might be a valid solution as the LDO would still be on but not consuming a lot of power; the power consumption in this mode might be comparable to an equivalent HIDOFF measurement.

We are not planning on documenting this in the datasheet, but we are guessing that the current is probably in the 1uA range?

jaeyoung