Using CY22800 with External Reference Clock of 1MHz, I think I need the -052A to generate a 12MHz clock out but which voltage should I use at the VXCO pin, and which of the FS0,1,2 will the 12MHz signal be coming out of?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
TyDi_4754026
Level 1
Level 1

https://www.cypress.com/file/43081/download

I was going through that data sheet on the CY22800 Frequency Multipliers since and since I'm trying to transform and external 1MHz clock signal to a 12MHz signal I was going to go with the -052A variant. My question is, which of Pins 5-7 is the 12 MHz signal going to be coming out of? And what voltage level should I tie pin 3 to in order to acheive this?

0 Likes
1 Solution
PradiptaB_11
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi,

I am attaching the code specific one page datasheet for this dash code. You will get a output on pin 5 and pin 6. You will need to ground both the frequency select lines. Kindly go through the datasheet once and if the device suits your application requirements you can go for samples to test the device for your requirements.

Regards,

Pradipta.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
PradiptaB_11
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi,

I am attaching the code specific one page datasheet for this dash code. You will get a output on pin 5 and pin 6. You will need to ground both the frequency select lines. Kindly go through the datasheet once and if the device suits your application requirements you can go for samples to test the device for your requirements.

Regards,

Pradipta.

0 Likes