Psoc4 BLE CYBLE 222014 OTA can't boot on different HW

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
EsFr_4600111
Level 3
Level 3
25 sign-ins 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

I have build a OTA application with upgradeble stack.

This application is starting correct up one one module. Now I have tried to load the same application on a different CYBLE 222014 module.

The second one didn't start up correctly.

If i enable the debugger it stopped at

_libc_init_array();

in cm0Start.c

/* Invoke static objects constructors */

__libc_init_array();

did'nt continue here:

(void) main();

If i load a simple application to the module it start up as normal.

Any suggestion how that could be ?

Br

Esben

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

As per your latest response, you are not observing any issues with the failing module when you program only your application project to the BLE module (Bootloadable component disabled). Please correct me if I am wrong.

Since you are observing this issue with only one module, we suspect that there is some issue with the failing module. We suggest you to create an FA case from our website if you see the same issue on multiple modules. You can send the failing module to our FA team and they can help to find the root cause of this issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Sudheesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
15 Replies
SudheeshK
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted

Hello,

I would like to get some clarification about your query. As per my understanding, you are testing upgradable stack OTA bootloader project on two CYBLE 222014 modules and you are observing this issue on one of them. Or, are you testing the upgradable stack OTA project on two different BLE modules? Please clarify.

Also, can you attach your upgradable stack OTA projects to this thread? We can test it on our side and see if there are any issues with the project.

Thanks and Regards,

Sudheesh

0 Likes

Same software on 2 different HW, but exactly the same type its a cyble-222014-01 module i'm using.

One cyble-222014-01 module works with my sw and the other cyble-222014-01 module it hang in __libc_init_array(); function in cm0Start.c.

0 Likes

Hello,

As I requested earlier, could you please attach your project to this thread?

We can test it at our side and see if there are any problems with the project.

Thanks and Regards,

Sudheesh

0 Likes

Projekt attached

0 Likes

Hello,

I tested your project, but I did not observe this issue. Could you please disable WCO in your project and change source for ILO as LFClk and test again on the failing module? Please let us know the results.

pastedImage_0.png

Thanks and Regards,

Sudheesh

0 Likes

Hello Thank you for your suggestion, unfortunately it didn't help.

I have tried an other simple project on the same module HW. And this works, but i can't see the differrence between them.

I have attached a project with the new working application added, its based on the standard Ble find me app.

Has it some thing to do with memory alocation ? Stack mem ...??

0 Likes

Hello,

Could you please provide the schematic diagram of your application? We can review it and see if there any issues.

Also, please configure the ECO trim capacitance values as mentioned in the following KBA and test again.

KBA: ECO Capacitance Trim Values for EZ-BLE™ Modules - KBA218990

Thanks and Regards,

Sudheesh

0 Likes

Hello

Thank you for u answer

All theese results is from a setup using Eval modules

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/cyble-222014-eval-ez-ble-proc-bt-42-eva...

in a CY8KIT-042.

So no own hw development yet.

So do u still suggest to trim the ECO, when using eval modules?

0 Likes

Hi Again

I don't think its HW related as the last workspace i uploaded, is with another project that actually works, with same stack and launcher. But only the main app is changed.

0 Likes

Hello,

Yes, please change the ECO capacitance trim values as mentioned in our KBA and test again.

Based on your latest response, I need a clarification about this issue. As per my understanding,

• You are testing two CYBLE-222014 module with same project.
  • One of the BLE module is failing.
  • Other projects are working on the failing module. The issue is observed only with one project (PaceBaitOne).
  • But, the project PaceBaitOne works successfully on other modules.
  • The failing module starts to work, If you change the application project and use same stack and launcher projects.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks and Regards,

Sudheesh

0 Likes

Hello

Tried to send

CY_SET_XTND_REG32((void CYFAR *)(CYREG_BLE_BLERD_BB_XO_CAPTRIM), 0xA0A0);

As stated in ECO Capacitance Trim Values for EZ-BLE™ Modules - KBA218990

Problem is still on the one module.

Have tried a third module and  this module also works correctly.

But still wird that the defect module works in all other cases but not with my sw.

Br

Esben 

0 Likes

Hello,

Since you are observing this issue with only one module and one project (PaceBaitOne), can you program the failing module with your application project (without stack and launcher) alone (without the Bootloadable component) and see if the same issue happens. It will help us to identify whether the issue is caused by the application or by stack and launcher. Please share the results with us.

Thanks and Regards,

Sudheesh

0 Likes
EsFr_4600111
Level 3
Level 3
25 sign-ins 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

Hi Sudheesh

Now i got time to try again on the bad module without stack and launcher.

The problem i still avible on only the one module.

But when i remove or disable the bootloder component from schematic the bad module start correctly up again.

Br

Esben

0 Likes

Hello,

As per your latest response, you are not observing any issues with the failing module when you program only your application project to the BLE module (Bootloadable component disabled). Please correct me if I am wrong.

Since you are observing this issue with only one module, we suspect that there is some issue with the failing module. We suggest you to create an FA case from our website if you see the same issue on multiple modules. You can send the failing module to our FA team and they can help to find the root cause of this issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Sudheesh

0 Likes

Thnak you very much

0 Likes