Hello, I am using CY8C4025AZI-S413 and want to implement Brown out reset.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
gaku_4588551
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I am using CY8C4025AZI-S413. i want to implement brown out reset. As per one example i have selected global signal reference as component , i am not able to find power system interrupt.Can anyone help me regarding this, i would appreciate the help.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Hari
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi gaku_4588551

Brown-out detect is enabled by default in PSoC 4000S devices. It need not be configured. Note that once it comes out of reset, the system will restart, losing all GPIO states. For this family, you cannot detect the brown-out reason either.

Thanks,
Hari

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
NoriTan
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins 5 questions asked 10 sign-ins

In PSoC 4000S, the Brownout Detection generates reset only.  There is a description in the "PSoC 4000S Family PSoC 4 Architecture TRM, Document No. 002-10129" as follows.

GS004831.png

Regards,

Noriaki

0 Likes

Appreciated for the response. Yes you are right that brownout detection generates reset.

I am not able to enable brownout reset for PSOC4000S also i am not able to find example or application note to enable brownout reset.

For example - When i used PSOC5 series controller i was able to use function CyVdLvDigitEnable(),but for PSOC4000S i am not able to find any function in Cylib.c related to brown out reset.

Can you please help me with the implementation or in PSOC4000S brown out is enabled by default?

0 Likes
Hari
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi gaku_4588551

Brown-out detect is enabled by default in PSoC 4000S devices. It need not be configured. Note that once it comes out of reset, the system will restart, losing all GPIO states. For this family, you cannot detect the brown-out reason either.

Thanks,
Hari

0 Likes