PSoC 6 & BLE Mesh Support

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AbBa_4336446
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

Hello.

When it is expected that PSoC will support ble mesh so we can make our ble mesh connected network online?

any documentations? demos with sample codes & related libraries/stacks? chips roadmaps?. I was also seeking for PSoC 6 SiP to facilitate HW design.

i have done many ble mesh connected embedded systems & always been asked from clients if we can make the system online.

i believe that such a feature must be there.

Regards,

Regards

AKB

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi,

In BLE Mesh, you can add a gateway node in the network for cloud connectivity. This node will be able to translate messages between the mesh network and a non-Bluetooth technology. A node may be able to send and receive mesh messages through a mesh gateway while not in the range of any of the Relay nodes. This translation is out of scope for the current Mesh specification v1.0.1.

Cypress has implemented Bluetooth Internet Gateway (BIG) application that act as a Bluetooth mesh gateway node. This is developed only for CY8CKIT-062S2-43012 platform. Please check below link for more details.

GitHub - cypresssemiconductorco/mbed-os-example-bluetooth-mesh-gateway: This code example demonstrat...

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted
0 Likes

Hello,

Thanks for the response.

But, are you sure that what you provided cover PSoC 6 support to ble mesh?

i didn't find any material in this regard. all what is been there is ble mesh only.

0 Likes

AbBa,

Well I'll be darn!  It looks like the bluetooth mesh support is targeted for their WICED series of product.

Many of the PSoC6s with BLE are 5.0  but apparently not (yet?) supported with Mesh in SW?

Look at the pdf in the link:https://www.cypress.com/file/151441/download slide #2.  No Mesh for PSoC6 modules.

Len

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."
0 Likes

Hi,

>>"Many of the PSoC6s with BLE are 5.0  but apparently not (yet?) supported with Mesh in SW?"

--> PSoC 6 BLE (implements BLE spec 5.0) supports BLE MESH feature. In fact any BLE device which supports BLE advertisements will support BLE mesh.

--> However, the middleware for BLE mesh is not developed for PSoC 6 BLE at present. Incase the customer want he has to develop on his own which generally will not be simple/straight forward.

--> So from Cypress, we recommend customers to go with Discrete BLE controller (link given below) for BLE mesh related applications.

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/cybt-213043-mesh-ez-bt-module-mesh-eval...

Thanks

Ganesh

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

So what is the best solution/platform from Cypress to make a set of ble connected points online?.

Supposing using the 213-043 kit, what options are there to achieve a ble connected system online?

0 Likes

Hello.

for me, I think that it wouldn't be profitable investing in systems to be locally controlled only. what is the point of such a system to be "IoT" system in this case?

are there options within Cypress products/solutions rather than PSoC6 to make a set of connected points online?

Thanks.

AKB

0 Likes

Hi,

In BLE Mesh, you can add a gateway node in the network for cloud connectivity. This node will be able to translate messages between the mesh network and a non-Bluetooth technology. A node may be able to send and receive mesh messages through a mesh gateway while not in the range of any of the Relay nodes. This translation is out of scope for the current Mesh specification v1.0.1.

Cypress has implemented Bluetooth Internet Gateway (BIG) application that act as a Bluetooth mesh gateway node. This is developed only for CY8CKIT-062S2-43012 platform. Please check below link for more details.

GitHub - cypresssemiconductorco/mbed-os-example-bluetooth-mesh-gateway: This code example demonstrat...

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

0 Likes