psoc 6 interfacing to a camera

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DePo_2335546
Level 1
Level 1
First like received

Dear lads and gents,

I would like to connect a camera to PSOC 6 device. I see there is no CSI or so for that.

Hase someone got any experience in interfacing camera to PSOC 6? Is it possible to make configure something like CSI from UDBs?

I would be happy if there is any project available in that direction.

Thank you in advance!

Best, Denis

0 Likes
1 Solution

I heard some customers using Dual-SPI to interface with a camera. But we do not have any code examples.

Note that you will only be able to interface very low resolution and low frame rate cameras. You also need to use external memory to store the camera shots, since there is not much internal RAM on PSoC 6.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
RodolfoGL
Employee
Employee
250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins 5 comments on KBA

You would be able to implement the interface in UDBs, but it can NOT run at high speeds. You will probably get the maximum clock speed around 50 MHz.

0 Likes

hi Rodolfo, thank you for the reply.

sorry I could not answer earlier, I had some interfaceing issues with this chat in my browser.

I am wondering is there any project on interfacing a camera to a cypress psoc (preferrable 6) via any interface (I am not stickt to CSI)?

thanks!

0 Likes

I heard some customers using Dual-SPI to interface with a camera. But we do not have any code examples.

Note that you will only be able to interface very low resolution and low frame rate cameras. You also need to use external memory to store the camera shots, since there is not much internal RAM on PSoC 6.