Unable to test wifi adaptivity with iperf utility

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
YaPo_2591956
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have used CY43438 based AP6212 wifi module in our product. We have booked the precompliance lab for CE testing. We are doing RF wifi adaptivity testing. I refered the below manual for our test. i have seen the section 4.2.5. for the adaptivity for 2.4 Ghz radio.

https://www.cypress.com/file/453451/download

We are fireing the below command on DUT to transfer data at 33% duty cycle. but this command will transfer data at every 1 second as i is setted to 1. The minimum value of i is 0.5. Now as we fire this command then it start pinging. but the peak is not detected in spectrum analyzer as the time interval is very high.

iperf -c 192.168.1.2 -u -b 5m -l 60000 -i 1 -t 10000

As per the manual it must be work but it will not work for our board. Is there anything that i am missing?

Below is the screen shot for firing the command. I have used router as a companion device. set the routers IP as 192.168.1.100.

pastedImage_2.png

Please do the needfull as we are in  lab right now and this will not work for our board. Below are some things that we tried at lab.

1) Change the board

2) Change the uFL connector and cable

3) Change the companion device.

0 Likes
1 Solution

YaPo_2591956 are these tests being carried out using manufacturing firmware or production firmware? Can you try this out with the production firmware. After loading this with the production firmware,set the country code and establish connection to the AP and then start the iperf. Also are you using a WICED based board or a Linux one? If linux, can you check if an IP was assigned by the AP using the ifconfig command and check if the link is up by pinging the AP?

Also can you check if your receiver is being saturated by issuing a wl rssi? Receiver level should be around -50 for adaptivity testing.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Murali_R
250 sign-ins 250 replies posted 100 solutions authored

YaPo_2591956 Can you please give out the Block diagram that you used in your test setup? Have you tried changing the -b or the -l value to obtain the required duty cycle?

0 Likes

Hi,

I have changed the value of the -b and -i in iperf utility. As per my observation minimum value of i is 0.5 second. as i can see that with this minimum time interval it is not able to detect in spectram analyzer.

We have used below setup.pastedImage_0.png

Without directional coupler and splitter also we did not getting any peak. Spectrum analyzer detects the peak of continuos transmission mode where the time interval is in micro second.

The commands are executes perfectly.

0 Likes

We are using the below commands from the compliance manual.

ifconfig wlan0 up

sleep 3

wl down

sleep 1

wl mpc 0

sleep 1

wl glacial_timer 0x7fffffff

sleep 1

wl country ALL

sleep 1

wl band b

sleep 1

wl 2g_rate -h 0 -b 20

sleep 1

wl up

sleep 1

wl phy_watchdog 0

sleep 1

wl scan

sleep 3

wl scanresults

sleep 1

wl join D-Link_DIR-524

sleep 3

wl ssid

sleep 1

wl scansuppress 1

sleep 1

wl phy_forcecal 1

sleep 1

wl reassoc D-Link_DIR-524

sleep 1

sleep 1

ifconfig

sleep 1

wl phy_ed_thresh -70

sleep 1

wl channel 11

sleep 1

iperf -c 192.168.1.100 -u -b 5m -l 60000 -i 1 -t 10000

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_7.png

All the commands are working fine still we didnt get the radio peak on perticular channel on spectrum analyzer. i checked on labs analyzer as well as on inhouse specttrum analyzer.

Please suggest us it is very critical for ce compliance.

0 Likes

YaPo_2591956 are these tests being carried out using manufacturing firmware or production firmware? Can you try this out with the production firmware. After loading this with the production firmware,set the country code and establish connection to the AP and then start the iperf. Also are you using a WICED based board or a Linux one? If linux, can you check if an IP was assigned by the AP using the ifconfig command and check if the link is up by pinging the AP?

Also can you check if your receiver is being saturated by issuing a wl rssi? Receiver level should be around -50 for adaptivity testing.

Ok, now it is working. There is some issue on the Linux driver side. The wlan0 interface is up but not able to connect with the router. We have changed that one from the imx6ull side and it is working fine.

0 Likes