Timer using CY8C4126AXI-S433 internal clock

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
hesc_1314511
Level 3
Level 3
10 sign-ins First solution authored 10 replies posted

Hello

I am using the internal cock of the CY8C4126AXI-S433, the precision when using the timer has an error, I set a 10 second timer, the timer comes out after 12 seconds. How can I adjust the accuracy? Thank you

Henry

0 Likes
1 Solution
NoriTan
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins 5 questions asked 10 sign-ins

Henry,

What accuracy do you want?

The error ratio of 12 seconds to 10 minutes (600 seconds) is 2%.  As described in the datasheet as follows, the maximum error of the IMO internal oscillator is +/-2%.

GS004824.png

So, it is not expected to have more accurate internal clock than you experienced.

There is another internal clock ILO and its error is very big as follows.

GS004825.png

The maximum error for 10 minutes is -5/+10 minutes.

The PSoC 4100S has Watch Clock Oscillator (WCO) block to generate a LFCLK with a resonator.

GS004826.png

It is recommended to add a 32kHz external crystal to have more accurate clock that is available for a timer.

Regards,

Noriaki

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi Henry,

Which clock are you using in the device? If you are using ILO the drift in the time period is expected because the ILO in PSoC 4 devices have high tolerance value.

In this case you have to compensate the ILO frequently using the IMO. Please refer PSoC 4000S/4100S Watch dog timer code example which uses ILO comensation. I am attaching the code example with this email.

In case if you are not using ILO but still getting the drift, please attach your project once. We will check it and provide you our feedback.

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes
NoriTan
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins 5 questions asked 10 sign-ins

Henry,

What accuracy do you want?

The error ratio of 12 seconds to 10 minutes (600 seconds) is 2%.  As described in the datasheet as follows, the maximum error of the IMO internal oscillator is +/-2%.

GS004824.png

So, it is not expected to have more accurate internal clock than you experienced.

There is another internal clock ILO and its error is very big as follows.

GS004825.png

The maximum error for 10 minutes is -5/+10 minutes.

The PSoC 4100S has Watch Clock Oscillator (WCO) block to generate a LFCLK with a resonator.

GS004826.png

It is recommended to add a 32kHz external crystal to have more accurate clock that is available for a timer.

Regards,

Noriaki

0 Likes
hesc_1314511
Level 3
Level 3
10 sign-ins First solution authored 10 replies posted

Hello,

now I set 10 second I measure real timer of 12 second, so error is + 2 second on 10 second, it's 20%

thanks

Henry 

0 Likes

Hi Henry,

Can you please attach the PSoC Creator project that you are using (only the timer part)? We would like to test the settings of your project.

Thanks and regards

Ganesh

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

hallo,

I attach my project

thanks

Henry

0 Likes