BLE program for uart SCB.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
LaKa_4300241
Level 3
Level 3
First like received First like given

Hi,

Is that possible to transmit and receive the capsense parameters using BLE that is inbuilt in cypress kit CY8CKIT-145-40XX (Low energy Bluetooth)?

we have succeeded to receive the capsense parameters through external Bluetooth using python program. But not succeeded to transmit the parameters through external Bluetooth.

share some suitable example program that transmit and receive capsense parameters using BLE.

0 Likes
3 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

Please note that there are two different controllers on the development kit that you are using. One is PSoC 4000S family device and the other one is CYBLE-022001-00 module.

If your CapSense application is running in PSoC 4000S kit and you want to transmit the data over BLE it is not possible directly. You have to transfer the data to the BLE module first and from there you have to transmit over BLE. You can use onboard I2C/UART connections for data transfer between two devices. Please use code examples in PSoC Creator for I2C and UART data transfer.

>>"we have succeeded to receive the capsense parameters through external Bluetooth using python program. But not succeeded to transmit the parameters through external Bluetooth."

--> How are you transmitting the capsense parameters 'to' external bluetooth?

--> Are you using on board BLE module for that?

--> What is the configuration that you have used for the BLE module? Central/Periperal/Broadcaster?

We are attaching two BLE projects one is Client and other is Slave both will run on PSoC 4 BLE and also on the module that you are using. Please have a look.

The examples attached doesn't transmit CapSense parameters but you can use the same concept and transmit CapSense parameters i.e. present in 'CapSensedsRam' data structure.

Hope this response helps ! If not, can you please give more details of your application? and answer above questions also?

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi Ganesh,

I have made a program for BLE with some example I found onsite.

I have attached the program i made in this mail.

With this program, LED 12 Blue colour  is 'ON' but i can not send or receive the parameters.

I can not even pair the device to the Computer.

I do get the warning in the picture i attached.

do i need to use any special tool to send and receive parameters in excel file?

pastedImage_1.png

But the program don't have errors and is successfully embed in to the kit.

pastedImage_2.png

Answers for the questions in above mail,

How are you transmitting the capsense parameters 'to' external Bluetooth?

We are not succeeded to transmit the parameters to the kit via external Bluetooth but we are succeeded to receive the parameters in an excel file using python program form external Bluetooth. NOTE: We had done this by PSoC 4000s. Not by the BLE.

Are you using on board BLE module for that?

NO.

0 Likes

Hi,

>>"we are succeeded to receive the parameters in an excel file using python program form external Bluetooth."

--> Have you received the data from PSoC 4000S device? Without using BLE module how are you able to receive the data from external bluetooth?

If you want to transfer the data from PC to the BLE module directly using PC's bluetooth, we do not have any code examples or references.

However, we have a tool called CySmart 1.3 which uses PSoC 4 BLE dongle to connect to the PC. You can use the source code of CySmart 1.3 for windows and write your own application to transfer the data from PC to PSoC BLE using that dongle.

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes