Fail to uninstall Cypress PSoC Designer 3.18

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
alta_2992321
Level 1
Level 1

I uninstalled the PSoC Designer from control panel. Then i released that the uninstall process isn`t complete. I have removed all the files as per suggestions that i found on the community, yet no much luck.

This has prevented me from installing the latest version of PSoC Designer.  Is there a way for me to completely remove the software?

0 Likes
1 Solution
3 Replies
SampathS_11
250 sign-ins 250 solutions authored 5 questions asked

Can you kindly attach the screenshots of the error message being displayed?

Best regards,

Sampath Selvaraj

0 Likes

Hi Sampath,

Screenshots are attached.

I uninstalled the older version of PSoC programmer via "Control Panel --> Uninstall a program" . However, i believe it unable to remove all the components.

When i`m trying to install the newer version of PSoC programmer, the message pop-up (the first image).

The second image shows the remaining icon at "uninstall a program". This CY3217-miniProg1 is not present anymore, but the icon still remain here.

Similarly, at the start-up pane, the cypress folder still present. But none of it is executable because all have been removed.

What can i do in order to successfully install the newer version of PSoC programmer?

1.png2.png3.png

0 Likes

Can you kindly refer to Manually uninstalling PSoC Programmer / any other programs Cypress Software?

Best regards,

Sampath Selvaraj

0 Likes