Serial communication (LED2472G)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MiRe_4638356
Level 3
Level 3
First like received First like given

Hi, I am still new to PSoC but seem to have most of the basics working. My next step is to drive an LED272G (https://www.st.com/resource/en/datasheet/led2472g.pdf).

I'm currently trying to get this going on a CY8CKIT-042 (PSoC 4 Pioneer Kit).

The LED2472G has bidirectional serial comms, effectively over 5 wires:

I'm not really looking for a solution but a pointer towards where best to start i.e. would I be best to build it out of Timers and other components, start with another serial comms protocol and work from there, do I need to dive into building a custom UDB component, or am I missing the obvious? I'm a completely swamped by the number of options available.

Thank you!

Mike

pastedImage_3.png

pastedImage_2.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
Aashita_R
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi MiRe_4638356​,

We apologize for our delayed response. I went through the datasheet of the LED driver LED2472G. The protocol used for serial communication in the LED driver does not seem to be any of the protocols PSoC device uses. Hence, You will have to develop a UDB based component as per your requirements.

Regards,

Aashita

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Aashita_R
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi MiRe_4638356​,

We apologize for our delayed response. I went through the datasheet of the LED driver LED2472G. The protocol used for serial communication in the LED driver does not seem to be any of the protocols PSoC device uses. Hence, You will have to develop a UDB based component as per your requirements.

Regards,

Aashita

0 Likes

Hi  Aashita

I had a feeling that would be the case. It's a really horrible protocol...

Thank you,

Mike

0 Likes