how to read configuration table CYPD3175 ( custom design )

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Geromino
Level 5
Level 5
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 replies posted

how to read configuration table CYPD3175   ?  

0 Likes
1 Solution

thanks very mach    finally i get  good answer  

when update with bootable project   read device config via ez pd configuration utility  working fine

thanks alot !!!!!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
11 Replies
Sananya_14
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

You could use the EZ-PD Configuration Utility to read the configuration from the device. For that, you could use the power board from the CY4532 kit which includes a USB-Serial device as an I2C bridge and a CCG4 as a CC programmer, and connect it to your custom board with the main board removed.

Best Regards,
Sananya

0 Likes

what is set of jumper j6 j7 j9  should be ?

0 Likes
Sananya_14

Hello,

They should be unconnected, please refer to the PRG settings for power board.

Best Regards,

Sananya

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

ok  , but even  main+ power board setup i have problem ez pd configuration utility not  recognize  main board on CCG4

0 Likes
Sananya_14

Hello,

From the EZ-PD Configuration utility screenshot, please let us know what information appears when you click on "UFP-Unknown" under CCG4? Since you have connected the main board separately using a cable, please remove the jumpers on J5, J7 on the main board. Also, the main board isnt connected to power board anymore so please ensure there is VDDD for CCG3PA.

Please refer to section 5.2.3 in the CY4532 User Guide for details on using the power board as a programmer.

Best Regards,
Sananya

0 Likes
lock attach

on  main board  j11  pin 20 VDDD_CCG3PA 3 interface connector connect  to power see attached image

se pz  configuration utility  failed recognize ccg3pa device

on main board TP2 measurement  with DVM  3.1 volt

on main board j2/j3/j4 j6 1-2  short

any adice how make it work

i dont have EMCA  cable  only regulare typec

0 Likes
lock attach
Sananya_14

Hello,

I think the device should be accessible with your current hardware setup, even with a Type-C cable. If you load the cla firmware .hex from the SDK using SWD programming, the device will show up in the Configuration Utility in the same way as your previous screenshot. Please see the screenshot when we used the CY4532 EVK programming connection, the "Read from device" option displays the correct configuration.

Best Regards,
Sananya

0 Likes

I see only 1 device CCG4

PD contract failed

HID not recognize,  could you share how you connect main board to power what pins?

0 Likes
Sananya_14

Hello,

In that case it may be a limitation of the main board during programming, I will try to reproduce this on my end as well. To confirm this, could you please connect only interface connector J11 between the two boards while support connector J12 is unconnected and check if the utility shows the device?

However, for your custom board the setup you used should work fine.

Best Regards,

Sananya

0 Likes
lock attach

connect only interface connector J11 between the two boards while support connector J12 is unconnected  and still not working  does not recognize ccg3pa  devie  any ideas ?

with our board  it is working    but  we  have  old problem

the problem aaprares  on Cy4532  evk  board  and  AMS board

After programming and running (in debug mode) the CCG3PA Car Charger (CLA) example,or any  other example from SDK   we failed to read the device configuration  via ez pd configuration utility.

According to an advice I received in one of the forms, I had to program, via PSoC programmer, file CYPD3171-24LQXQ_cla_3_4_0_2274_0_0_0_pa.hex from C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-PD CCGx Power SDK\CCGx\Firmware\binaries\CYPD3171-24LQXQ

It solved the protocol issue, but destroyed the content I wanted to read. 

Q1: How can I read the original content?

0 Likes

thanks very mach    finally i get  good answer  

when update with bootable project   read device config via ez pd configuration utility  working fine

thanks alot !!!!!!

0 Likes