CY8C4124

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
RaKa_4742981
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I need to program CY8C4124, I have a Jlink Base programmer, here is possible programming but setting to lock chip is not working because Jlink ignore a setting in Hex file. I ordered MiniProg4, and question is if here will work programming using Comand lines, because my programm is running under VB6? Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi raka_4742981​,

Yes, you can use PPCLI to program your device with MiniProg4 using command-line interface. You can refer to this thread to get a reference on how to go ahead with that - Re: Miniprog 4 & CLI /ppcli.exe OpenPort Fehler

You can refer to the PSoC Programmer Command-Line Guide for details regarding each of the APIs that you can use.

Hope this helps,

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Rakshith

Hi raka_4742981​,

Yes, you can use PPCLI to program your device with MiniProg4 using command-line interface. You can refer to this thread to get a reference on how to go ahead with that - Re: Miniprog 4 & CLI /ppcli.exe OpenPort Fehler

You can refer to the PSoC Programmer Command-Line Guide for details regarding each of the APIs that you can use.

Hope this helps,

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes

Thanks Rakshith,

programmer I will receive this evening and I will check.

But now I have on my desk programmer Jlink Base, which is also able to programm the chip.

But problem is with locking the chip.

I found on page of producer this info: https://wiki.segger.com/PSoC_4xxx_series

Where is written on which location we should write and what, in programming manual from chip I found those locations this is matching,

but I didn't find to write on those locations in programming manual, so I don't know if this info is correct.

But finally when I do this the chip is not locked/protected.

Can you help me also with this?

Thanks

Rado

0 Likes

Hi

and one more question, is there some possibility to load driver for Miniprog4 for win xp?

Thanks

0 Likes

Hi RaKa_4742981,

I do not have access to a JLink at the moment. I am checking internally. Please give me some time to get back to you regarding this.

programmer I will receive this evening and I will check.

Were you able to program your device using MiniProg4?

is there some possibility to load driver for Miniprog4 for win xp?

Unfortunately no. MiniProg4 requires PSoC Programmer 3.28+ and the minimum requirement for that is Windows 7.

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes
Rakshith

Hi RaKa_4742981,

I found this thread with a similar issue - Code protection with Segger programmer

Can you please let me know if this helps?

Regards,

Rakshith

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes