can AM29F040B-55JF work with TTL logic levels

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MuA_4743186
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

could anyone help with the acceptable voltage levels for AM29F040B-55JF. I think this part is obsolete now. But need this details. Vcc is 5V but the /CS, /RD, /WR & Addr lines are at 3.3V. Datasheet specifies DC characteristics for both TTL/NMOS & CMOS. But its not clear whether the same device can work on both levels (or) we need to choose a different part number. IF its same device, is there any HW configuration to be done to accept TTL logic signals.

Thanks & Regards

Muthu A

0 Likes
1 Solution
BushraH_91
750 replies posted 50 likes received 250 solutions authored

Hello Muthu,

Thank you for contacting Cypress Technical Support, an Infineon Technologies Company. Since this device have been obsoleted during AMD banner, unfortunately we don't have the requested information. But from the datasheet I found on the web, mentions that Am29F040B is compatible with TTL logic. Please refer to  DC CHARACTERISTICS.

Have a wonderful day

Regards,

Bushra

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
BushraH_91
750 replies posted 50 likes received 250 solutions authored

Hello Muthu,

Thank you for contacting Cypress Technical Support, an Infineon Technologies Company. Since this device have been obsoleted during AMD banner, unfortunately we don't have the requested information. But from the datasheet I found on the web, mentions that Am29F040B is compatible with TTL logic. Please refer to  DC CHARACTERISTICS.

Have a wonderful day

Regards,

Bushra

0 Likes
MuA_4743186
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you Bushra.

Datasheet's DC characteristics have both TTL/NMOS & CMOS characteristics. I’m getting confused whether the same part number can work in both TTL and CMOS logic. In that case is it possible to input few signals in 3.3V and few in 5V?

could you please help again?

Best Regards

Muthu A

0 Likes

Hello Muthu,

Same part number can work please refer to Device bus operations on page 7 for information on how both can work. This is 5V device. 3.3 V will not work.

Thank you

Regards,

Bushra

0 Likes