EMG

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
OsFe_2822791
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

Hello,

I am trying to adquire EMG signal with CY8CKIT-044, does someone make something about that with this module?

Thank you a lot!

Regards.

0 Likes
1 Solution

These are mainly discussions for PSoC5LP, you will have to adapt them for CY8CKIT-044.

Have you searched the forum? eg:

https://community.cypress.com/search.jspa?q=EMG

or ECG.

one of the discussions: PSOC5 ECG UNSTABILITY

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
Kenshow
Level 8
Level 8
Distributor - Marubun (Japan)
50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored

Hi,

What do you want to know in this thread?

Please post the details.

Regards,

Kenshow

0 Likes

Hello Kenshow,

Thank you for your response,

I´m trying to adquire EMG signal in differential mode using 3 OPAMPs before SAR. Is this method correct? Is there any way to adquire more than 1 channel?

Another thing, where can I put the reference? I thought put the reference in the Injection channel of SAR but I don´t know how to control the baseline in firmware.

Regards.

0 Likes

The EMG signal seems to have a range of about -5 to +5 mV.

Those. this is ~ 5 times the ECG signal.

They have similar concomitant problems and interferences.

Yes, you can use 3 OPAMPs before SAR.

considering that amplifiers should have a small offset (> + 300mV)

This forum has several topics about ECG.

perhaps it makes sense to use specialized microcircuits (Ad8232) boards for EMG   and    ECG.

0 Likes

Hi Evgeniy,

thank you for your response. As you said, EMG and ECG have a quite similar adquisition circuit but there are some differences, for example, the reference circuit, I couldn´t find anythin in this forum about that, do you know something about it?

Regards.

0 Likes

These are mainly discussions for PSoC5LP, you will have to adapt them for CY8CKIT-044.

Have you searched the forum? eg:

https://community.cypress.com/search.jspa?q=EMG

or ECG.

one of the discussions: PSOC5 ECG UNSTABILITY

0 Likes

Thank you, I will take a look in both links you have shared. Is it possible to use the PSoC 5LP integrated in CY8CKIT-044 to use its components within the same project that I designed with PSoC 4?

Regards.

0 Likes

I don't have CY8CKIT-044 so I don't know the answer.

0 Likes

OsFe,

No. To use PSoC5 integrated into KIT-044, it has to be programmed in a separate project. Though some people do that, in my opinion it is not worth the hassle. Since PSoC5 is used as a programmer, you have to reprogram back-and-force each time PSoC4 project needs to be updated. If PSoC4 resources are not enough, I would recommend $10 cy8ckit-059 PSoC5 prototyping board, or, in case of opamps, use external ones.

Another low budget approach is to utilize low-cost 24-bit Delta Sigma ADC HX711, operating at 80Hz.

HX711: 24-bit Delta Sigma ADC interface for weight scale using PSoC

which has built-in opamp

/odissey1