Need solution about CY3684

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
obmo_4739286
Level 1
Level 1
First like given

Hi.

I' am using this board with Yaselan Km512  printer.

1.jpeg

and getting this message last days :

"[401100E7] the contents of eeprom error eeprom configuration did not complete "

I think it has CY3684.

Does anyone have an idea about error message and where can I find latest CY3684 latest XP drivers.

I couldn't install it with devtools files...

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

You can remove the EEPROM connection jumper and then connect it to the PC.

If you are facing the issue when programming the EEPROM as mentioned in this step:

6. Choose the fw_async_ifclk.iic file (local copy) usually found in:

SPAR\USB\USB\FX2

Please make sure the the device is bound to ezusb.sys driver (not cyusb3.sys driver attached in my first response) using the ezusbw2k.Inf.

If you have altered the ezusbw2k.Inf file you can replace it in the driver folder with the one attached to my response and install it.

Before programming the EEPROM as mentioned in step 6, please make sure that the device is displayed  as Cypress EZ-USB FX2 (68613) - EEPROM missing in the device manager.

Else, you can manually bind the device from the device manager to the driver  ezusbw2k.Inf.

Once the device is appeared as  Cypress EZ-USB FX2 (68613) - EEPROM missing in the device manager connect the EEPROM back to the device and then follow the instructions from step 4.

Please let me know if you face any issues.

Thanks,

Yatheesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
YatheeshD_36
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

Can you please let me know the exact part number of the Cypress Device/IC used on the Board? CY3684 uses CY7C68013A (FX2LP).

If you are looking for the cysub3 windows xp driver, please find the latest driver attached to this response.

Thanks,

Yatheesh

Hi. Thanks for your answer.  I think it' s FX2LP based customised (printer head) board => USB to Fiber for BYHX Solvent Printer.

0 Likes

Hello,

Please contact the board manufacturers to know the cause for the error and to get more details on the same.

They may be using customized dev tools to program our devices on their board which we are not aware of and the error may be due to the failure in programming the EEPROM connected to the FX2LP or any other cause.

Also, can you please let me know if the device is enumerating on the device manager? If yes, which driver is it supposed to be bound to and the VID and PID of the enumerated device?

Thanks,

Yatheesh

0 Likes

The board manufacturer is a unknown China company...

It was using "EZ-USB FX2LP "storage driver.

I found an iic (https://www.phys.hawaii.edu/~mza/USB/)  and changed it accidentally with USB\VID_6672&PID_2920.DeviceDesc="Cypress EZ-USB IDLAB-STD"

Trying to go back to original.

USB\VID_6672&PID_2920&REV_0127

USB\VID_6672&PID_2920

0 Likes

Hello,

Please let me know at which point you are facing the issue when following the steps mentioned in the document: https://www.phys.hawaii.edu/~mza/USB/cypress-ez-usb-fx2-eeprom-firmware/index.html

Thanks,

Yatheesh

0 Likes

I want restore it to factory default .

I can't install fx2 usb storage adapter driver now...

0 Likes

Hello,

You can remove the EEPROM connection jumper and then connect it to the PC.

If you are facing the issue when programming the EEPROM as mentioned in this step:

6. Choose the fw_async_ifclk.iic file (local copy) usually found in:

SPAR\USB\USB\FX2

Please make sure the the device is bound to ezusb.sys driver (not cyusb3.sys driver attached in my first response) using the ezusbw2k.Inf.

If you have altered the ezusbw2k.Inf file you can replace it in the driver folder with the one attached to my response and install it.

Before programming the EEPROM as mentioned in step 6, please make sure that the device is displayed  as Cypress EZ-USB FX2 (68613) - EEPROM missing in the device manager.

Else, you can manually bind the device from the device manager to the driver  ezusbw2k.Inf.

Once the device is appeared as  Cypress EZ-USB FX2 (68613) - EEPROM missing in the device manager connect the EEPROM back to the device and then follow the instructions from step 4.

Please let me know if you face any issues.

Thanks,

Yatheesh

0 Likes