Does Cyble_GapClearResolvingList() really work?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
DeCo_1926091
Level 4
Level 4
First like received

I've been trying to make Cyble_GapClearResolvingList() work for a lot of days and just can't get it to do anything other than return apiResult = 2, which means Invalid Operation, which seems to be returned for one of four condidtions:  1) translation is enabled in the controller, 2) Advertising is enabled, 3) Scanning is enabled, 4) Create connection command is outstanding.

The code involved is attached. The Cyble_GapClearResolvingList() call is about 15 lines from the bottom of the page.

The purpose of the attached code is to store bonding, whitelist and resolving data if the RemoveDeviceFlag is not set.  If it is set, it should clear the whitelist, bonded devices list and resolving list.  It all seems to work except the call to clear the resolving list. 

I'd really appreciate two things:  First, that some kind person would take a look at this code and tell me what I'm doing wrong and how to fix it. Second, that, if possible, you not simply tell me to look at the documentation or an example, because I've spent many hours doing just that without success.

Many thanks for your kind consideration,

Dennis

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

In the Peripheral project, CyBle_GapAuthReq() API is called in the CYBLE_EVT_GAP_ENHANCE_CONN_COMPLETE event So the Security Request will be sent to GAP Central device. You need to enter the passkey value which will be displayed in UART Terminal (TERA-TERM). In the above attached project, I have used the CyBle_GapFixAuthPassKey() api for setting the fixed passkey value, please check the passkey value in CYBLE_EVT_STACK_ON event.

Thanks,
P Yugandhar.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello,

Please refer to the below attached project, in which I added CyBle_GapClearResolvingList() function in the CYBLE_EVT_GAP_DEVICE_DISCONNECTED event and i'm able to clear the resolving list data.
Please let me know if this helps. If you are still facing the issue then please share your complete project.

Thanks,
P Yugandhar.

0 Likes

Hi PY,

Thanks for the code.  I haven't finished testing with my code yet, but it looks good so far.

But I have another question:  When I run the program you sent I get the pairing request that says, in part, "Peripheral_resolver" would like to pair with your iPad."  How did you specify the text that should appear in the pair request?

Thanks,

Dennis

0 Likes

Hello,

In the Peripheral project, CyBle_GapAuthReq() API is called in the CYBLE_EVT_GAP_ENHANCE_CONN_COMPLETE event So the Security Request will be sent to GAP Central device. You need to enter the passkey value which will be displayed in UART Terminal (TERA-TERM). In the above attached project, I have used the CyBle_GapFixAuthPassKey() api for setting the fixed passkey value, please check the passkey value in CYBLE_EVT_STACK_ON event.

Thanks,
P Yugandhar.

0 Likes

PY,

II'm sorry, but my question is how do you specify the text included in the pairing request displayed on the central iPad, not the Passkey.  I assume you had some way to tell the iPad what to say in asking for the Passkey since it's different for the program you attached as compared to other similar programs.

Dennis

0 Likes