where are BCM4343W Bluetooth API manual & bluetooth uart example ?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone!

I am programming bluetooth and wi-fi apps using BCM4343W  and SDK-3.5.2

Programming works only depend on example in SDK.   not API Manual. at point of bluetooth.  (there are wifi APIs)

Where can I found bluetooth API documents in SDK-3.5.2 ?  or getting start documents ?

Apps object(goal) is that data from uart service in bluetooth transfers another internet server.(just tcp packets)

and I want to make app using bluetooth uart program using BCM4343W.  and bluetooth need to be central & peripheral.

which example in SDK is most nearly this projects ?

Thank you for reading this.

Sincerly.

0 Likes
1 Solution
VikramR_26
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins 10 sign-ins 10 comments on KBA

Programming works only depend on example in SDK.   not API Manual. at point of bluetooth.  (there are wifi APIs)

Where can I found bluetooth API documents in SDK-3.5.2 ?  or getting start documents ?

[vik86]:We are working on api documents for bluetooth, meanwhile you can refer to sample applications for the api's. You can find these

Drivers-> Bluetooth and bluetooth_le

pastedImage_0.png

Apps object(goal) is that data from uart service in bluetooth transfers another internet server.(just tcp packets)

and I want to make app using bluetooth uart program using BCM4343W.  and bluetooth need to be central & peripheral.

[vik86]:You can refer to the sample applications under snip

pastedImage_1.png

and also under demo

pastedImage_2.png

hth

vik86

View solution in original post

2 Replies
VikramR_26
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins 10 sign-ins 10 comments on KBA

[vik86]:We are working on api documents for bluetooth, meanwhile you can refer to sample applications for the api's. You can find these

Drivers-> Bluetooth and bluetooth_le

pastedImage_0.png

[vik86]:You can refer to the sample applications under snip

pastedImage_1.png

and also under demo

pastedImage_2.png

hth

vik86

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have also been trying to create a ble app using the BCM4343W and have found it very frustrating without any doc. I started with the "hello_sensor" app with the intent of figuring out the format. I can see that the creation of a GATT database defines the services and the structure of this database is pretty straighforward.  I call wiced_bt_gatt_db_init and it returns a 0 indicating success in setting the database but the services available always are the same services no matter what I put in the database structure.

I ran the app several times under the debugger to understand its flow and verify my thoughts on its operation. When I stared modifying, all I have done is comment out these lines in hello_sensor_gatt_database :

/* Declare Battery service */

PRIMARY_SERVICE_UUID16( HANDLE_HSENS_BATTERY_SERVICE, UUID_SERVCLASS_BATTERY ),

/* Handle 0x62: characteristic Battery Level, handle 0x63 characteristic value */

CHARACTERISTIC_UUID16( HANDLE_HSENS_BATTERY_SERVICE_CHAR_LEVEL, HANDLE_HSENS_BATTERY_SERVICE_CHAR_LEVEL_VAL,

GATT_UUID_BATTERY_LEVEL, LEGATTDB_CHAR_PROP_READ, LEGATTDB_PERM_READABLE),

to remove the battery state service and characteristic, then removed

{ HANDLE_HSENS_BATTERY_SERVICE_CHAR_LEVEL_VAL,      1,                                          &hello_sensor_state.battery_level }

from gatt_user_attributes and commented out

/* Dummy battery value read increment */

if( p_read_data->handle == HANDLE_HSENS_BATTERY_SERVICE_CHAR_LEVEL_VAL)

{

if ( hello_sensor_state.battery_level++ > 99)

{

hello_sensor_state.battery_level = 0;

}

}

in hello_sensor_gatt_server_read_request_handler. This should have removed the battery state service but it does not. If I trace through, I can see the database no longer has it just before the call to wiced_bt_gatt_db_init. If I select that service and try to access it characteristics, it fails so its like it is partially removed but I cannot seem to remove it from being broadcast as an available service. I have tried other values within the gatt database as well with similar results. The services are always the same services.

What is going on here? It seems as if the gatt database is being stored someplace in NV storage.

0 Likes