CY3679 Arduino

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MiS_4733511
Level 1
Level 1

Can CY3679 clock output be hooked up to Arduino Mega 2560 5v board on xtal 1,2 inputs at 16mhz or 3.3v clock output issue.

Also clock input to CY3679 board can handle 10mhz gpsdo input or is limited to 1.2v? Thanks

0 Likes
4 Replies
PradiptaB_11
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi,

The CY3679 kit is evaluation kit for CY27410 device. It is clock generator and i think its output could be hooked to Arduino. The device can operate at 1.8, 2.5 or 3.3 V supply. You may connect gpsdo 10 MHz output to input pin on CY27410.

Though we have not tried it with Arduino board.

Thanks,

Pradipta.

0 Likes

Thanks for your response, would you mind checking a standard 5v Arduino Mega or other similar variant board, I can mail you one. It cost less for me to mail you one to test than to buy a few of your kits and not be able to return them. Please send name and mailing address, Thanks

Here is a suitable one I can send you, let me know!

MEGA 2560 R3 Board ATmega2560-16AU CH340G + USB Cable for Arduino 732240562825 | eBay

0 Likes

Hi,

Can you let us know what is the purpose of this exercise, meaning what is the application requirements you are trying to meet ?

If we understand the application better we may be able to provide more suggestions.

Currently we are operating remotely, and do not have access to the CY3679 kit and lab equipment required for the exercise due to the global pandemic situation. Whenever we can return to offices we can help you with the testing results. We will also try and see if we can provide any alternative means for you to assist you on this.

Thanks,

Pradipta.

0 Likes

Yes The Arduino Mega 2560 5v board comes standard with a 16mhz resonator on the xtal inputs which are inaccurate methods for keeping time. Sorry if I made it unclear, but I am removing this component and using your time board to input a 16mhz reference. If you have a better solution I am interested, provided it can operate on 5v, Thanks!

0 Likes