CYBT-213043-MESH kit

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
LUAB_4724786
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 10 likes received 10 replies posted

Hi There,

I am testing the range of this kit based on Dimmeable Light & Dimmer sample, and it turn out roughly it takes 10 meters between node in order the mesh to work properly. Based on the information in the image below, it can be 75 meters LOS but somehow it is not close to that, is there any setting should I know to make the range a bit further ? Thanks a lot !

Screen Shot 2020-07-16 at 19.43.35.png

Best Regards,

LUTHFI AD

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi,

Please try to wiced_bt_mesh_core_adv_tx_power=4  is for max power.

You can set this inside mesh_app_init(). Default value is 4. 0 means minimum power and 4 is the max.

"10 meters between node in order the mesh to work properly" -> What is your testing strategy? Is your device responding with a delay?

If the distance between two nodes are high, then we should expect high latency. And congestion due to other BLE (or wireless) device can also affect the performance.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi,

Please try to wiced_bt_mesh_core_adv_tx_power=4  is for max power.

You can set this inside mesh_app_init(). Default value is 4. 0 means minimum power and 4 is the max.

"10 meters between node in order the mesh to work properly" -> What is your testing strategy? Is your device responding with a delay?

If the distance between two nodes are high, then we should expect high latency. And congestion due to other BLE (or wireless) device can also affect the performance.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

0 Likes

Dear Dheeraj,

Many thanks ! I've found the setting per your recommendation !

Best Regards,

LUTHFI AD

0 Likes