The LVTTL setting for CCG3PA(CYPD3171)

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NoAr_1540581
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor - Macnica (Japan)
5 solutions authored 250 sign-ins 100 replies posted

Hello

We are thinking of connecting SOC and CCG3PA with I2C.

However, I/O Voltage is different as shown below.

- SOC I/O voltage is 3.3V

-CCG3PA I/O voltage is 5V

However, I want to make I2C communication by setting the CCG3PA as LVTTL instead of CMOS, but I do not know how to set it to LVTTL, so please tell me the method.

Best Regards

Arai

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello Arai-san,

You can change the input threshold of a gpio using PSoC Creator to LVTTL.

screenshot.png

However, on changing the threshold to LVTTL, only the input buffer of the gpio will change, that means basically the VIH, VIL, VOL, VOH thresholds will change but the device VDD will remain the same, i.e at 5V.

So reading the input won't be a problem.

However since the CCG3PA VCC will remain at 5V, it won't be compatible with the 3.3 V SOC and thus output will be a problem for you.

Best Regards,

Mallika

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
MallikaK_22
50 likes received 750 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi Arai,

>>Is there any specific reason of operating CCG3PA at 5V?

You can power CCG3PA using VDDD=3.3 V if there are no power constraints in your system, i/o will also be equal to VDDD=3.3 V.

This way the CCG3PA will be compatible with the SOC.

>>Can you tell the mode in which SOC is operating (CMOS or LVTTL)?

Best Regards,

Mallika

0 Likes
NoAr_1540581
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor - Macnica (Japan)
5 solutions authored 250 sign-ins 100 replies posted

Hello Mallika san

I have to control external parts with 5V, so I will use CCG3PA GPIO as 5V.
Therefore, when connecting to SOC (3.3V), it is necessary to use the terminal as LVTTL, so we have confirmed how to make it function as LVTTL.

Please tell me what kind of method there is such as changing the port type of P3.3 on PSoC Creator, and other method. In addition please tell me If there are restrictions on settings LVTTL.

Best Regards

Arai

0 Likes

Hello Arai-san,

You can change the input threshold of a gpio using PSoC Creator to LVTTL.

screenshot.png

However, on changing the threshold to LVTTL, only the input buffer of the gpio will change, that means basically the VIH, VIL, VOL, VOH thresholds will change but the device VDD will remain the same, i.e at 5V.

So reading the input won't be a problem.

However since the CCG3PA VCC will remain at 5V, it won't be compatible with the 3.3 V SOC and thus output will be a problem for you.

Best Regards,

Mallika

0 Likes