CYPD3171-24LQXQ_pb(CCG3PA Power Bank solution SDK) sink mode protocols

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MaWo_2683956
Level 1
Level 1
5 questions asked First reply posted First question asked

I'm using the SDK CYPD3171-24LQXQ_pb, and when Power Bank work under sink mode, does it support PD3.0 or not?

Why in EZ-PD Configuration Utility Sink Settings only BC1.2 and Apple charger are supported?How could I add other protocols like PD or QC?

And I used my board with the SDK CYPD3171-24LQXQ_pb, it works in sink mode, and the side of power source supports PD3.0 and QC3.0, why my board only get 9V VBUS from the power source and I changed the Sink PDO as 12V but will not get 12V, how can I get the 12V from the power source?

PB_config.jpg

PB.jpg

PB2.jpg

0 Likes
1 Solution
MallikaK_22
50 likes received 750 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

>>The CYPD3171-24LQXQ_pb supports PD 3.0 specification.

>> CCG3PA in sink charging mode (Power Bank solution) supports BC 1.2 and Apple charging only, it does not support QC or AFC.

>>  Ensure that the source supports 12 V to power the sink.

Can you share the source PDOs or the cc logs showing source_caps.

Regards,

Mallika

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
MallikaK_22
50 likes received 750 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

>>The CYPD3171-24LQXQ_pb supports PD 3.0 specification.

>> CCG3PA in sink charging mode (Power Bank solution) supports BC 1.2 and Apple charging only, it does not support QC or AFC.

>>  Ensure that the source supports 12 V to power the sink.

Can you share the source PDOs or the cc logs showing source_caps.

Regards,

Mallika

0 Likes

Hello Mallika,

Thanks a lot, I only want to use the sink mode, so I replaced CYPD3171, and I changed to BCR(CYPD3177).

Best Regards,

Manon

0 Likes