Check log of CYBT-343026

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NeDh_4602711
Level 5
Level 5
5 solutions authored First solution authored 50 replies posted

Hello ,

I am using  Modus Toolbox and I want to check the log on the serial monitor as I did earlier in PSOC 4.2 using the SW_Tx_Uart component. where there was a provision of setting the baud rate to check the log on a serial monitor using a Teraterm.

In  CYBT-343026 for Modus toolbox could please navigate from where I can set baud rate?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Neeraj

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello All,

After googling a lot finally I got a solution. My CYBT-343026 module was connected to the CYW920719Q40EVB-01 board using VDD, TXD, RDX, CTS & RTS pins. I have written the below code.

wiced_set_debug_uart(  WICED_ROUTE_DEBUG_TO_HCI_UART );

wiced_hal_puart_set_baudrate(115200);

WICED_BT_TRACE("**** App Start **** \n\r");

and most importantly instead of checking on COMXX WICED Peripheral UART I have used COMXX WICED HCI UART port. and it works for me.

Thank you all for your support.

Regards,

Neeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
10 Replies
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hi NeDh_4602711 ,

By default baud rate is 115200. Most of our demo examples output logs on PUART with the default baud rate.

Hope you were able to see the logs with the same on serial monitor like Tera term.

If you want to set different  baudrate , you may use API wiced_hal_puart_set_baudrate  (/wiced_btsdk/dev-kit/baselib/20706A2/include/wiced_hal_puart.h)

Note:

PUART demo for generic puart usage: /HAL-CYBT-343026.puart

Thanks,

Anjana

Hi Anjana,

I am using CYBT-213043-02 Eval mesh kit. I explored and worked with Mesh kit demos like dimmable light, dimmer switch and sensor server models, But which ever code belongs to this eval board doesn't has main.c function, instead it has application start or application init. Although i know c programming, This seems something new for me. Do you know any tutorials that would be helpful in learning the program structure.

Also After downloading the program into the board, I opened putty with PUART(Baud rate is 115200) terminal but haven't seen any character gets printed in the screen. But the PUART port is getting detected and the program i download has WICED_BT_TRACE functions to print the data. Even i tried using Modustoolox ide Console but still i didn't see any data.

I downloaded the HAL-213043EVAL.puart example program into the mesh kit. Even then i haven't received any data on the putty terminal.

Help me in figuring out the issues, Thanks in advance:-).

0 Likes

Hello Anjana,

Like PrRa_4726466​ said. I am also facing same issue. I am checking on baud rate 115200 & I am getting junk characters shown below.

⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮[K ⸮⸮⸮⸮ړ⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮{⸮⸮m⸮⸮i⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮I⸮⸮k⸮⸮II⸮⸮⸮{⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮

Regards,

Neeraj

0 Likes

Hi,

You can refer the below app note for understanding BLE MESH stack and code flow.

App Note: https://www.cypress.com/file/473921/download

Please check the other documentations as well from the cypress ble mesh page.

https://www.cypress.com/products/bluetooth-low-energy-mesh

The PUART baud rate is set to 921600 for mesh applications. (check mesh_app_hci.c). Please try it.

The mesh sample application is implemented in mesh_application.c where you will be able to see application_start() which is the entry point of the app.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

0 Likes

Hi Dheeraj,

I tried 921600 baud rate for mesh applications. It prints some status data and the screen remains halted. It is not printing wiced_bt_trace function data's on the putty terminal.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi,

Are you getting buffer usage statistics as shown below? This is expected and useful to monitor the internal buffer usage.

pool size/cur/max/total 68/3/13/42 140/0/1/20 392/0/1/10 1024/0/0/3

Could you please attach the error log. (Please "Use advanced editor" to attach file in the response).

You should get a log similar to the attached one after downloading the mesh application or after a reset. (attached log is for light_dimmable).

At this time you should receive the mesh advertisement from the device so that you can scan and configure the device using a provisioner.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

Hello DheerajP_41​, AnjanaM_61​,

I have checked at baud rate 921600 and I am getting similar data. But I am looking for a log function which I wish to print. I have tried to print at baud rate 115200 using the below functions but no luck.

wiced_hal_puart_init();

wiced_hal_puart_enable_tx();

wiced_hal_puart_print()

wiced_printf("****",15);

I have just tried using some above random functions of wiced_hal_puart but no success.

Thanks and regards,

Neeraj

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi Dheeraj,

I have attached a screen shot for your reference. As per your response i got the same serial data. But the problem is i am not getting the data which i wish to print, I uploaded the Demo_mesh_temperature code and in the init function i am making a led to glow and i am printing a sting called "PRINTING LED ON ". But after intilization the led blinks but the data is not printed. Actually i used wiced_set_debug_uart(4); in the begining of the void mesh_app_init() function.

Help me to solve the issue. Thanks in advance.

0 Likes

Hello All,

After googling a lot finally I got a solution. My CYBT-343026 module was connected to the CYW920719Q40EVB-01 board using VDD, TXD, RDX, CTS & RTS pins. I have written the below code.

wiced_set_debug_uart(  WICED_ROUTE_DEBUG_TO_HCI_UART );

WICED_BT_TRACE("**** App Start **** \n\r");

and most importantly instead of checking on COMXX WICED Peripheral UART I have used COMXX WICED HCI UART port. and it works for me.

Thank you all for your support.

Regards,

Neeraj

0 Likes

Hi NeDh_4602711 ,

Thanks for your update.

However PUART also should work. Probably your application requirement met for now with your configuration. So you may continue with the same .

Regards,

Anjana