cyble-212020 findme app not advertising

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AnSt_4196936
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Using the module on my own carrier board I am hiving problems with PSOC Creator 4.3, using the find me app. The project builds and runs, but there is no BLE advertisement.

Using the same find me app but with PSOC creator 3.3, same board, same module, same programmer/cable etc, it works and advertises.

I have also tried the AlertNotification app, with the same results - not advertising.

Initially, the PSOC Creater 3.3 was on a Win XP machine, and the 4.3 version was on a win 10 machine. I have installed PSOC Creator 3.3 onto the Win 10 machine, and the app works and advertises. So, my 4.3 install is not working some how - in my mind.

So working is:

PSoC Creator  3.3 CP3 (3.3.0.9604)

Peripheral Driver Library 3.1.1

BLE Module 3.10

Win 10 / Win XP

Not working is:

PSoC Creator  4.3 (4.3.0.1445)

Peripheral Driver Library 3.1.1

BLE Module 3.30 - updated to 3.65

Win 10

Even when the AlertNotification app is run with Creator 3.3, it advertises, but CYSmart app (1.2.0.156) does not read the services. So, do I need a different app?

The 4.3 install has been removed and re-installed - maybe an issue there?

Where should I start looking to resolve this?

What if the device under the hood for this module? The datasheet has plenty of dead links. Is it PSOC or PROC?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

ECO capacitance trim is required to supply the correct capacitance load to achive 0 ppm for the ECO. By default, the ECO capacitance trim values are set to the trim values of PSoC 4 BLE / PRoC 4 BLE modules. If any other BLE module is used (such as, EZ-BLE module), the trim values should be changed to the values provided by that module’s datasheet. Please refer to this KBA ECO Capacitance Trim Values for EZ-BLE™ Modules - KBA218990  for the CAPTRIM Register value.

Please let me know your observations after adding the Cap trim value.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
10 Replies
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

What I think is there is issue with PSoC Creator installation in your system. The CYBLE-212020 module works with PSoC Creator 4.3 without any issues.

If you are using PC CySmart tool please install latest CySmart tool i.e CySmart1.3 and check once.

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/cysmart-bluetooth-le-test-and-debug-tool

If you are using mobile CySmart tool, please check with different mobiles.

Also, please debug the application and check if CyBLE_Start() is SUCCESS or not.

>>"What if the device under the hood for this module? The datasheet has plenty of dead links. Is it PSOC or PROC?"

--> This module uses PSoC 4 BLE device.

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/datasheets/psoc-4-psoc-4xx8-ble-42-family-datasheet-programmab...

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/datasheets/psoc-4-psoc-4xx8-ble-42-family-datasheet-programmab...

This link give me access denied.

I will look into the return value from CyBLE_Start next, as 4.3 decided it did not like the miniprog3, even though 3.3 had just been using it.

0 Likes

CYBLE_ERROR_OK is the return value from CyBLE_Start()

0 Likes

Hello,

Please refer to the PSoC4: 4200_BLE Family Datasheet from this link. Please check if you are getting the CYBLE_EVT_STACK_ON event or not. If yes, then check the api result of CyBle_GappStartAdvertisement() API.
Please send your project so that we can check at our end.

Thanks,
P Yugandhar.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

That link worked. Thanks.

I will check the other return values and reply with the project files as well.

Update:

CYBLE_ERROR_OK is returned for CyBle_GappStartAdvertisement(CYBLE_ADVERTISING_FAST) inside of the event CYBLE_EVT_STACK_ON.

I have attached the project archive.

I have not tried another phone yet, but this one sees the advertisement from the Creator 3.3 build.

I have the PC CYSmart 1.3 installed, the dongle reports as firmware 1.2.2.32, hardware 2.0.0.0

This tool does discover the advertisment, but after about 30 seconds of scanning. The phone app seems to scan for only a few seconds.

0 Likes

Just tried another android device with a fresh install of CYSmart. Exactly the same.

Tried an iPhone and that was slightly different in that upon the app starting up, it saw the Alert Handler broadcast, yet failed to find it again after a refresh.

0 Likes

Hi,

So after sending the app and trying different phones, do you have an idea why I am seeing this behaviour?

...Andy

0 Likes

Hello,

ECO capacitance trim is required to supply the correct capacitance load to achive 0 ppm for the ECO. By default, the ECO capacitance trim values are set to the trim values of PSoC 4 BLE / PRoC 4 BLE modules. If any other BLE module is used (such as, EZ-BLE module), the trim values should be changed to the values provided by that module’s datasheet. Please refer to this KBA ECO Capacitance Trim Values for EZ-BLE™ Modules - KBA218990  for the CAPTRIM Register value.

Please let me know your observations after adding the Cap trim value.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

0 Likes

This has confused me.

You are suggesting that I have to re trim the cyble-212020 module when using an app created in PSOC creator 4.3, but PSOC creator 3.3 does not need the module to be trimmed?

OK, I have not seen this in any of the materials read so far.

I will give this a go and report back. Fingers crossed.

...Andy

0 Likes

Brilliant, thank you. It now creates advertisements that I can see on the phone.

Not sure I understand whey Creator 3.3 works with or without this addition configuration, but i'll take it as a win and move on.

Thanks.

0 Likes