SPI high speed problem?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DaDa_4733256
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,I am use SPI component on psoc5 series CY8C5888LTI Prototype kit in master mode and SPI mode_1 to communicate with AFE4400(TI company)(AFE4400 spi sclk is 8MHz).I use SPI component with in psoc creator that attach. But the problem is spi data write function in output.when i am select 8Mhz on sclk it is not create true sclk on output in data write but when i select low sclk clock like 250k or 800k or other below 1MHz it is worked well.I need 8Mhz on sclk so I do not know what is mistake exactly?

Why SPI component does not work on 8Mhz sclk?(Cypress datasheet say SPI can work up to 18MHz sclk)

Below is picture out put on oscilloscope. https://snaptube.cam/ https://9apps.cam/

PLL clock is select on 64Mhz.

I choose Enable high speed on spi component but it not difference on my problem in output.

Is there any body to help me and say me how can I solve it?

Here is the output signal show on oscilloscope that show spi component does not work correctly on 8Mhz sclk.(first is on 250KHz and second picture is on 8MHz)

please regurd me how can solve this problem with spi component?

Thanks for attention...

0 Likes
1 Solution
MotooTanaka
Level 9
Level 9
Distributor - Marubun (Japan)
First comment on blog Beta tester First comment on KBA

Hi,

I think the below is closer

SPI high speed problem

moto

View solution in original post

3 Replies
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

Kindly do the following steps to corner the issue:

1. Try running the SPI master code example for PSoC 5LP device on your board at 8MHz and see if it is working.

2. If the project is not working, please check whether all the SPI traces/wires are equidistant from PSoC to the sensor. What is the length of the traces in your board? Please make the lengths of the wires as small as possible and make them equidistant.

3. Please attach the images you are mentioning once again.

4. Please attach the project too if possible.

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

similar query.

AFE4400

0 Likes
MotooTanaka
Level 9
Level 9
Distributor - Marubun (Japan)