How to modify the project build order in the workspace which has several projects?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
HaHu_4715551
Level 1
Level 1
First like given

Hi,

Currently, I have created several projects in the same workspace.But  I found that the  PSoC Creator default setting is that always build the or latest new project,so I can't build and program the previous projects. My question is that how can I customize  the project build order?

PS: I found the "build order" by right click the project name, but it doesn't work.

Thanks.

Ocean

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi HaHu_4715551​,

Can you please let me know if there is any particular reason you would want the build order to change?

But  I found that the  PSoC Creator default setting is that always build the or latest new project,so I can't build and program the previous projects.

When you click on Build, PSoC Creator builds the currently active project. To change the active project, you can right-click on the project in the Workspace Explorer and then click on Set As Active Project.

PS: I found the "build order" by right click the project name, but it doesn't work.

Yes, the Build Order tab is a read-only list of the order in which your projects will build if you select Build all projects.

This is one way in which you can change the Build Order -

Let's say you have 4 projects, P3, P4, P5, P6 in your Workspace and the current Build Order is P6, P5, P4, P3. Now if you need to change the build order to P5, P6, P4, P3, you can modify the P6 project and provide P5 as one of the dependency.

Right-click on the project/workspace and select Dependencies. Select the appropriate project and you can modify the project's dependencies. Here I have added P5 as the dependency for P6 and the build order changed i.e., P5 is built before P6.

pastedImage_5.png

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi HaHu_4715551​,

Can you please let me know if there is any particular reason you would want the build order to change?

But  I found that the  PSoC Creator default setting is that always build the or latest new project,so I can't build and program the previous projects.

When you click on Build, PSoC Creator builds the currently active project. To change the active project, you can right-click on the project in the Workspace Explorer and then click on Set As Active Project.

Yes, the Build Order tab is a read-only list of the order in which your projects will build if you select Build all projects.

This is one way in which you can change the Build Order -

Let's say you have 4 projects, P3, P4, P5, P6 in your Workspace and the current Build Order is P6, P5, P4, P3. Now if you need to change the build order to P5, P6, P4, P3, you can modify the P6 project and provide P5 as one of the dependency.

Right-click on the project/workspace and select Dependencies. Select the appropriate project and you can modify the project's dependencies. Here I have added P5 as the dependency for P6 and the build order changed i.e., P5 is built before P6.

pastedImage_5.png

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

Hi Rakshith,

Thanks for your help from bottom of my heart.Your answer is exactly what I need.

Best Regards,

Ocean

0 Likes

Hi Ocean,

Glad it helped
Thank you for providing an update on the thread.

Best Regards,

Rakshith

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes