Zynq 7020 and s27kl0642 Hyperbus interface

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
user_4698121
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Currently I am working on signal integrity analysis between Znyq 7020 and s27kl0642 HyperRam. For this purpose Which type of buffer can I use (hyperram pins connected to bank 34 lvcmos33 pins)?

According to AN211622 document I can not find max trace length of the any design?

For fpga design can you share any kind of topology (data,clock or address lines)?

Thanks for help.

0 Likes
1 Solution
PradiptaB_11
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi,

Q) According to AN211622 document I can not find max trace length of the any design?

Ans) All I/O are length-matched and 50 ohm impedance controlled

Which type of buffer can I use (hyperram pins connected to bank 34 lvcmos33 pins)?

Ans)  Yes we use lvcmos33. The tool auto instantiate IO buffers per the architecture requirements. In case of HyperRAM, we have custom instances of ODDR/IDDR  and IDELAY logic for DQS and IO, but these will typically be before(for outputs)/ after(for inputs) of the auto generated IO buffers. Making FPGA work at max HyperRAM frequency will require some careful thinking of capture logic for read with proper delay setting between IO and DQS.

Thanks,

Pradipta.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
PradiptaB_11
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi,

Q) According to AN211622 document I can not find max trace length of the any design?

Ans) All I/O are length-matched and 50 ohm impedance controlled

Which type of buffer can I use (hyperram pins connected to bank 34 lvcmos33 pins)?

Ans)  Yes we use lvcmos33. The tool auto instantiate IO buffers per the architecture requirements. In case of HyperRAM, we have custom instances of ODDR/IDDR  and IDELAY logic for DQS and IO, but these will typically be before(for outputs)/ after(for inputs) of the auto generated IO buffers. Making FPGA work at max HyperRAM frequency will require some careful thinking of capture logic for read with proper delay setting between IO and DQS.

Thanks,

Pradipta.

0 Likes