how to add MAC address for BCM20726 Wiced Bluetooth chip.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

We have a concern to add unique MAC address into BCM20726 Bluetooth chip. As of now we are adding MAC ID into the firmware using "AlterIntelHex.exe". I don't know whether this "AlterIntelHex.exe" has provided by Broadcom or some other third party. Can some one guide me how to flash the MAC ID into the BCM20726 BLE chip using right method? Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Palanivel

0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

I think you mean BCM20736.

Note that AlterIntelHex.exe is an internal tool, so I am not sure how it was obtained, but it is not supported here on the forum as it is undocumented and could easily brick the firmware if used incorrectly.

The command line tools should be used to change the BD_ADDR: Programming the TAG2/TAG3 Board using command line tools

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

I think you mean BCM20736.

Note that AlterIntelHex.exe is an internal tool, so I am not sure how it was obtained, but it is not supported here on the forum as it is undocumented and could easily brick the firmware if used incorrectly.

The command line tools should be used to change the BD_ADDR: Programming the TAG2/TAG3 Board using command line tools

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi mwf,

Yes You are right. it is BCM20736.

Thanks for your comments. So you mean BD_ADDR is 6 Bytes data is nothing but MAC ID. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Also can you please provide the link to download "WICED SMART SDK 2.2" tool. Thanks.

Regards,

Palanivel

0 Likes

A Bluetooth device uses a unique 6-Byte/48-bit address, commonly abbreviated BD_ADDR. The most-significant half (24 bits) of the address is an organization unique identifier (OUI), which identifies the manufacturer. The lower 24-bits are the unique portion of the address.

Here's two more threads that are relevant:

BD_ADDR: Changing BCM20737 Board Address for Production

BD_ADDR - how do you get one?

The chipload tools I believe you are referring to are attached to the first link/thread I referenced and the one above.

0 Likes