4700S to PSoC 4L bridge implementation?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DaEr_349131
Level 5
Level 5
25 likes received 50 sign-ins 5 comments on KBA

Hi,

For inductive sensing applications, the 4700S is quite limited as we only have two SCB's and no USB.

So we might need to add a PSoC 4L to act as the "main cpu".

Are there any "bridge implementations" available from Cypress?

i.e. application framework + protocol (i2c or uart) between the two psoc's.

(assume there is something running in the ev-kit that talks via the kitprog to the windows tuning tool)

Let me know what exist to avoid the need to construct something from scratch.

i.e. like buying an inductive sense IC from chip-vendor x with a documented I2C protocol

best David

0 Likes
1 Solution
Hari
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi DaEr_349131

We do not have a kit to showcase this. However, both the 4700S and 4200L are equipped with most of the standard communication protocols such as UART, I2C, and SPI. These can be used to communicate between the two devices and you can send the inductive sensing data (the sensor values and additional data such as the difference counts) to the host device using any of the standard protocols.

There are several code examples available to showcase the communication such as I2C master slave (CE222306), SPI master slave (CE224339) etc.

Thanks,
Hari

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Hari

Hi DaEr_349131

We do not have a kit to showcase this. However, both the 4700S and 4200L are equipped with most of the standard communication protocols such as UART, I2C, and SPI. These can be used to communicate between the two devices and you can send the inductive sensing data (the sensor values and additional data such as the difference counts) to the host device using any of the standard protocols.

There are several code examples available to showcase the communication such as I2C master slave (CE222306), SPI master slave (CE224339) etc.

Thanks,
Hari

0 Likes

How about ISP programming of the 4700S from the 4200L?

i.e. we have the cypress standard bootloader so we can update the psoc 4 via USB,

but we need a way to also update the 4700S via I2C or UART (from the 4L),

do you have any implementations of the cypress host-code that we can run on the psoc 4 so that we can bootload the 4700S?

run-time

/d

0 Likes
Hari

Hello DaEr_349131

Please check this thread - PSOC 4 UART to I2C bridge for bootload host communication

An I2C to UART bridge was developed in this thread to bootload another device. Please let me know if such an application can work at your end. Where the PSoC 4200L device acts as a USB to I2C bridge to bootload the 4700S device.

Thanks,
Hari

0 Likes