PSoC6 Basic Device Firmware Update Project Is Trying to Use Old PDL Version

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
RyWi_4724536
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 10 questions asked 10 sign-ins

I am trying the example PSoC6 MCU Basic Device Firmware Update application note CE213903.

I downloaded two projects: PSoC6DfuBasicApp0Uart01, and PSoC6DfuBasicApp1.

The Uart01 project builds fine, but the App1 project won't build and gives the error:

C:\Users\Ryan's Laptop\Documents\PSoC Creator\DFU_Kit\PSoC6DfuBasicApp101.cydsn>"C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\PDL\3.0.1""\tools\win\elf\cymcuelftool.exe" -P .\CortexM4\ARM_GCC_541\Debug\PSoC6DfuBasicApp101.elf --output .\CortexM4\ARM_GCC_541\Debug\PSoC6DfuBasicApp101.cyacd2

The system cannot find the path specified.

It looks like the problem is it is trying to use C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\PDL\3.0.1, BUT I have only have PDL versions 3.1.1 and 3.1.2 not 3.0.1

I checked in Tools->Options Project Management the PDL version is set to 3.1.2, and under Project Build Settings under Peripheral Driver Library it is set to default(3.1.2).

Any idea why creator is trying to use the old PDL version? And how can I change it to use the most recent one?

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

You see this error because the Code Example uses a bat script in the post built step to create the cyacd file as shown below:

pastedImage_0.png

Right click on "post_build_core1.bat" file and open it in an editor. Change the PDL path from 3.1.0 to 3.1.2 as shown below:

pdl.PNG

Now build the project. It will work as expected

Regards,

Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

You see this error because the Code Example uses a bat script in the post built step to create the cyacd file as shown below:

pastedImage_0.png

Right click on "post_build_core1.bat" file and open it in an editor. Change the PDL path from 3.1.0 to 3.1.2 as shown below:

pdl.PNG

Now build the project. It will work as expected

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes

Now it works perfectly! Thank you so much!

0 Likes