HX2VL XIN,XOUT voltage

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
hata_3396041
Level 4
Level 4
First solution authored First like received 50 questions asked

Hello

●What is the absolute maximum rating of external clock pin XIN and XOUT of  CY7C65634-28LTXCT?

When using it on the customer's board, the voltage may drop to about -0.46V, and I want to know if this meets the rating.

Is it not recommended to use it at -0.46V?

・According to the data sheet, the absolute maximum rating of the IO port is -0.5V to 3.6V or 5.5V.

・In the HX2VL guideline, it was written as 3.15V~3.6V.(AN72332)

・There is no clear rated voltage information for XIN and OUT.

Best Regards

Hayato

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello Hayato-san,

Since oscillator specification is crucial for proper operation of the hub, it is recommended to follow the operating voltage range. As you mentioned, exceeding that cant guarantee functionality and could cause potential damage over a period of time.

Best Regards,

Sananya

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Sananya_14
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello Hayato-san,

Since XIN and XOUT are also I/O pins, they should follow the same absolute maximum rating as you mentioned i.e. -0.5V to 3.6V.

The operating voltage at XIN is 3.3V so the range has been mentioned as 3.15 to 3.6V when using an external oscillator.

Please refer to the KBA for other parameters of the pins.

Best Regards,
Sananya

0 Likes

Sananya-san

Thank you for your quick reply.

Is it okay to understand that operation cannot be guaranteed if the operating voltage exceeds 3.15V to 3.6V?

Best Regards

Hayato

0 Likes

Hello Hayato-san,

Since oscillator specification is crucial for proper operation of the hub, it is recommended to follow the operating voltage range. As you mentioned, exceeding that cant guarantee functionality and could cause potential damage over a period of time.

Best Regards,

Sananya

0 Likes

Hello Sananya-san

Thank you!

It was very helpful.

Best Regards

Hayato

0 Likes

Hello Sananya-san

Lastly, let me ask you one question.

Is the XIN voltage observing the rising edge?

Best Regards

Hayato

0 Likes

Hello Hayato-san,

Currently, we dont have the specific details about the trigger edge of the clock in HX2VL although my understanding is that it is rising edge triggered.

Please let me know if that information is crucial for the customer? We will check internally.

Best Regards,

Sananya

0 Likes