Trying to build platform BCM9WCD1AUDIO for v3.5.2 gives error. Anyone who tried?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am trying to build snips provided in wiced v3.5.2 for the platform BCM9WCD1AUDIO (SPIL platform - SSB-WM-N02 EVM board). When trying to build for WICED 3.5.2, I get the following build error for  all the snips provided as a part of this wiced version for this specific platform. (Though the default platforms provided with WICED 3.5.2 builds successfully.)

Has anyone tried building this platform (BCM9WCD1AUDIO/SPIL-SSB-WM-N02) for Wiced 3.5.2?

Build string:

snip.stdio-BCM9WCD1AUDIO-FreeRTOS-LwIP-debug JTAG=Olimex_ARM-USB-TINY-H download run

Build Error I get for this platform:

16:25:44 **** Build of configuration Default for project WICED-SDK ****
"C:\\Users\\user\Documents\\WICED\\WICED-SDK-3.5.2\\WICED-SDK\\make.exe" snip.stdio-BCM9WCD1AUDIO-FreeRTOS-LwIP-debug JTAG=Olimex_ARM-USB-TINY-H download run

MAKEFILE MAKECMDGOALS=snip.stdio-BCM9WCD1AUDIO-FreeRTOS-LwIP-debug download run OTA2_SUPPORT is disabled
make.exe[1]: *** No rule to make target 'WICED/WWD//wwd_ap.c', needed by 'build/snip.stdio-BCM9WCD1AUDIO-FreeRTOS-LwIP-debug/Modules/./WICED/WWD//wwd_ap.o'.  Stop.

make.exe[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....make: *** [main_app] Error 2Makefile:220: recipe for target 'main_app' failed

16:25:50 Build Finished (took 5s.834ms)

0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

BCM9WCD1AUDIO is not supported by default in SDK 3.5.2.

What we can build as a platform is listed in <WICED-SDK>/platforms/.

You need to get appropriate platform files(patch) for other platforms.

By the way, N02 uses BCM43362 with STM32F4.

So BCM943362WCD6 is close platform.

But I'm not sure it works as expected on N02.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

But as per the WICED site: WICED Software Development Kit 3.5.2 is now available...  (under Hardware Platformssection) it is reported that this platform is supported but of course I don't see the platform folder for this platform in either the 3.5.2 installation in .exe or as .7z formats.

* BCM9WCD1AUDIO  : Broadcom WICED Audio Evaluation Board (includes BCM43362, STM32F415, WM8533 audio DAC, and BCM20702 Bluetooth module)

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

In addition based on your info,  I don't know if BCM9WCD1AUDIO   or  BCM943362WCD6  is the closest match to the SPIL SSB-WM-N02 EVM board. Can't it be straight and clear with a patch available in name of SPIL (like done by Murata or others on their website?)

Aren't there any ready to use SoCs that work straight out of the box flawlessly? We have tried USI WM-N-14 and there again we had wifi range issues and lacked tech support. So we decided to evaluate SPIL but from SPIL's website (SPIL) there is hardly anything useful that can skimmed out!

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know why the README contains BCM9WCD1AUDIO as a platform.

What I know is just no directory for N02 found under <WICED-SDK>/platforms/.

So you need to get appropriate platform files.

Could you ask your local distributor who provides the N02 module/board?

Both BCM9WCD1AUDIO and BCM943362WCD6 uses BCM43362 and STM32F4.

So I thought they're close. I don't know it works as I mentioned.

0 Likes