Confirmation that 1DX can or cannot support 20/40MHz coexistence

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
EdTy_2191711
Level 2
Level 2
10 sign-ins 10 replies posted 5 sign-ins

Hi,

We have a number of customers using Meraki routers that our product containing a 1DX cannot connect to unless they turn 20/40MHz coexistence off. We experience the same issue with our Netgear having to turn 20/40MHz coexistence off. I have carefully searched though the BCM43430 / 1DX documentation and cannot see any mention of 20/40MHz capability.

So does the 1DX (  currently using v5.4.18-2020_0402 firmware -  and latest Linux kernel supported by murata GitHub - murata-wireless/meta-murata-wireless  (branch imx-sumo-manda). ) have this capability?

If not, is there any work-around, setting etc that could be used to connect to these routers so customers don't have to sacrifice bandwidth for one product?

If is does, what could be causing a failure to connect?

Thanks.   

0 Likes
1 Solution
Zhengbao_Zhang
250 sign-ins First comment on KBA 10 questions asked

We disable HT40 in 2g band because of the interference always.  and I just use my Netgear R6220 and enable 20/40 coex ,  4343w and another 43xx chip can connect the AP successfully , I think it is due to the specific AP behavior , not our chip problems.  

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Zhengbao_Zhang
250 sign-ins First comment on KBA 10 questions asked

We disable HT40 in 2g band because of the interference always.  and I just use my Netgear R6220 and enable 20/40 coex ,  4343w and another 43xx chip can connect the AP successfully , I think it is due to the specific AP behavior , not our chip problems.