Looking for Driver Package for CY7C68013 (not A) EZUSB-FX2

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
StBu_1481801
Level 1
Level 1

I am working for a contract manufacturer that is testing a board that uses the original CY7C68013, which has been long obsolete. We never had a copy of the development software package for this device which includes the driver for Windows (XP)

We have a PC which has the driver which communicates with the device (EZUSB.sys), but the computer is getting old and is likely to fail.

I am having no luck in finding the driver package and Cypress punted the issue to this forum.  I will appreciate any and all suggestions for how I might obtain the development package with the Windows driver for this old device.

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
YatheeshD_36
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

Please use the driver files attached to this response for Win XP and Vista. You will have to manually bind the device to this driver once in Win XP and Vista.

This is the latest certified driver for XP/Vista and has been tested.

Thanks,

Yatheesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Sananya_14

Hello,

Please refer to the KBA for cyusb3.sys driver for Windows XP. The same driver package will work for FX2 as well as FX2LP.

Best Regards,

Sananya

Thanks for the feedback Sananya!  I'll try it on Monday.  I'm a bit skeptical because it only mentions the CY7C68103A ... and I'm pretty sure the "No EPROM" USB response are the same for the CY7C68013 and the "A" part.

Best regards,

Steve Buchholz

0 Likes

Hello Steve,

As you mentioned, there is no difference with respect to No EEPROM USB boot mode between the two and the .inf file includes the default VID/PID which is the same for both the parts. You could also download the driver package from the KBA, the version should be same as that in the other KBA for Windows XP.

Best Regards,

Sananya

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
YatheeshD_36

Hello,

Please use the driver files attached to this response for Win XP and Vista. You will have to manually bind the device to this driver once in Win XP and Vista.

This is the latest certified driver for XP/Vista and has been tested.

Thanks,

Yatheesh

0 Likes