Does the CYUSB3014 need to be programmed?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
stde_4726966
Level 1
Level 1

I'm dusting off an old design, and it includes a CYUSB3014.  Does this device need to be programmed?  Also, I'm having trouble sourcing this device.  Is there a replacement?

0 Likes
1 Solution
YashwantK_46
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 50 likes received

Hello,

In case the design has an integrated SPI Flash or I2C EEPROM, there are chances that CYUSB3014 can boot from the image files stored in either of them.
If not, then the device would need to be programmed via USB.

You may need to check the PMODE[2:0] of the CYUSB3014 in your design and confirm the mode it is set from the below:

pastedImage_0.png

Can you please elaborate on this statement, "Also, I'm having trouble sourcing this device.  Is there a replacement?"

Regards,
Yashwant

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
YashwantK_46
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 50 likes received

Hello,

In case the design has an integrated SPI Flash or I2C EEPROM, there are chances that CYUSB3014 can boot from the image files stored in either of them.
If not, then the device would need to be programmed via USB.

You may need to check the PMODE[2:0] of the CYUSB3014 in your design and confirm the mode it is set from the below:

pastedImage_0.png

Can you please elaborate on this statement, "Also, I'm having trouble sourcing this device.  Is there a replacement?"

Regards,
Yashwant

0 Likes