Cypress 11ac combo multiple BSS firmware

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JoEp_4643361
Level 1
Level 1

Apologies if this is answered elsewhere, but I haven't found it yet after a fair amount of digging.

Do any of the Cypress 11ac combo parts support mbss (multiple BSS/SSID), and if so, where could we find the firmware versions that support that?  There doesn't seem to be a list.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

I mean AP + AP on one radio.  I am told the right firmware will advertise it as an "mbss" capability ("mbss4" for example).  If the firmware advertises that capability in its cap iovar, then (barring bugs) it should be supported.

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Likes
10 Replies
Zhengbao_Zhang
250 sign-ins First comment on KBA 10 questions asked

Hello:

From what I know we can support the multi bss function in some chips like auto wifi combs since auto wifi often wants more APs working concurrently .

Thanks.  I don't suppose there's a way to get an accurate list, is there?  I had also seen somewhere on this forum that some of the non-automotive chips may also support it, but I don't have a way to verify this without buying development boards and experimenting, which would seem to be the wrong way to find out a basic feature issue.

0 Likes
JoEp_4643361
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks.  Please do let me know if there is a comprehensive list of features we an access, to be sure.

0 Likes

Do you mean :

AP + STA

AP + AP

AP + GO

STA + AP + AP ?

We should support the function with RSDB 11AC chips well. but it really needs a lot of tuning work in real project .

0 Likes

I mean AP + AP on one radio.  I am told the right firmware will advertise it as an "mbss" capability ("mbss4" for example).  If the firmware advertises that capability in its cap iovar, then (barring bugs) it should be supported.

Thanks

0 Likes

yes, mbss is a required flag in firmware.

0 Likes

I don't suppose there is such a list of which parts support which feature flags?

Thanks

0 Likes

yes,  we don't have such a list released to customers, but we can tell customer according their question and needs.

0 Likes

And sorry for the previous reply in the loop,  please get the final confirmed answer from our marketing team, thanks.

0 Likes

Hello:

About the chip selection it is decided from marketing team,  you know even the chip has the abilities , it still needs a lot of work from supplicant layer or meets other compatible issues with other platforms , so it really needs a detailed discussion, local support team should give you a right decision,  thanks.

0 Likes