sd card

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
shil_1288831
Level 3
Level 3
25 sign-ins 25 replies posted 10 sign-ins

Hi,

How can I connect PSoC 5LP to a SD card connector

Thanks

Shmuel

0 Likes
1 Solution

Shmuel,

Since you are using the PSoC5 virtually any port or combination of ports will work fine for the SD car SPI interface.

If you share what SD card board you are using, I might be able to recommend an interface circuit to the CY8CKIT-059.

Note:  My SD cards limit the VDD voltage to 3.3V.  Because of the VDD limit many of these cards limit the max voltage to the SPI_CLK SPI_MOSI, SPI_MISO and SPI_CS pins to 3.3V.  The CY8CKIT-059 when powered through the USB through the KitProg interface provide VDD ~= 4.7V.

Len

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi shil_1288831​,

As you are using a PSoC 5LP device, you can use the emFile component. Please refer to this link for more information regarding the same - https://www.cypress.com/documentation/component-datasheets/file-system-library-emfile

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Shmuel,

If you're referring to physical HW connections, we can help if you can share which PSoC5 kit you are using (if you're using a kit) and which SD card board you are using.

Len

Len
0 Likes

Hi Len,

I'm using CY8CKIT-059.

I would like to know wich port is most recomended for the SPI connection.

Thanks

Shmuel

0 Likes

Shmuel,

Since you are using the PSoC5 virtually any port or combination of ports will work fine for the SD car SPI interface.

If you share what SD card board you are using, I might be able to recommend an interface circuit to the CY8CKIT-059.

Note:  My SD cards limit the VDD voltage to 3.3V.  Because of the VDD limit many of these cards limit the max voltage to the SPI_CLK SPI_MOSI, SPI_MISO and SPI_CS pins to 3.3V.  The CY8CKIT-059 when powered through the USB through the KitProg interface provide VDD ~= 4.7V.

Len

Len
0 Likes

Hi Len,

I don't have any special SD card.

The PSoC VDD=5V

I have level shiffter between 3.3V and 5V.

Thanks

Shmuel

0 Likes

Shmuel,

I meant that many people use a SD card interface board designed for Arduino.  I've used a couple myself.

Did you create this SD card interface board yourself?

Len

Len
0 Likes

hi Len,

Yes, I'm designing a board.

See my design:

pastedImage_0.png

I descide to put resistors to divide the voltage.

What do you think?

Thanks

Shmuel

0 Likes