Direct test mode CYW4343W

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
daga_4720311
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

i need to pass the RED (Radio Equipment Directive) certification for a custom board with the IC CYW4343W.

I found this page CYW4343W/CYW43438 Product Guide with some info about the board, with this article WICED Wi-Fi Direct Test mode: Introduction  about the DTM.

When i load the sketch, if i type:

wl4343WA1.exe --serial 16 ver

the serial returns a string:

7.45 RC41.0

wl0: Jan 10 2017 19:57:03 version 7.45.98.6 (r663489) FWID 01-cf6f763a

without the "WLTEST". The article says that the "WLTEST" must appear.

I'm using the Wiced Studio 4.1, 6.2 and 6.4.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Murali_R
250 sign-ins 250 replies posted 100 solutions authored

Hello daga_4720311

The "WLTEST" will appear only when using the mfg firmware and not the production firmware.

Please load the test.mfg_test application and issue the command and it should work.

Thanks

View solution in original post

15 Replies
Murali_R
250 sign-ins 250 replies posted 100 solutions authored

Hello daga_4720311

The "WLTEST" will appear only when using the mfg firmware and not the production firmware.

Please load the test.mfg_test application and issue the command and it should work.

Thanks

When i load the application test.mfg_test, but it loads the 4343WA1-mfgtest.bin instead of 4343WA1.bin .

0 Likes

That is because the firmware to be used is defined as

WIFI_FIRMWARE_BIN := firmware/$(WLAN_CHIP)/$(WLAN_CHIP)$(WLAN_CHIP_REVISION)-mfgtest.bin

and the manufacturing firmware allows to you vary the power and do tests as it has the mfgtest flag enabled which isn't the case in the production firmware where you can't vary the power.

Finally the IC send me back the correct message

\WICED\WICED-Studio-4.1\43xxx_Wi-Fi\libraries\test\wl_tool>wl4343WA1.exe --serial 10 ver

7.45 RC41.0

wl0: Jan 10 2017 19:52:45 version 7.45.98.6 (r663489 WLTEST) FWID 01-f17b0f61

Now i would like to try the example in the \WICED\WICED-Studio-4.1\43xxx_Wi-Fi\libraries\test\wl_tool\scripts .

I edited every script with set target=4343WA1 & set comport=10.

Now can i try to capture something with my spectrum analyzer? i think that the scripts works with impulses, not in bust mode.

This is just for my curiosity, before i send everything for the certification.

0 Likes

By impulses , if you mean that, the commands are sent one after the other, then yes

0 Likes

Can i disconnect the UART cable after i sent a specific script? or the board doesn't works anymore?

0 Likes

Yes the UART cable can be disconnected if the chip is powered by an external source.

0 Likes
daga_4720311
Level 1
Level 1

In the script folder i have only the "80211/b/g/n" script for the Wi-Fi.

Is the script "tx_carrier" for a BLE Compliance Testing?  The certification agency text me because this script not produce the carrier.

Alse the agency asked to me if i have the "rx_carrier" script.

0 Likes

the tx_carrier is for Wi-Fi and not BLE.

There is an rx_80211 script available at \43xxx_Wi-Fi\libraries\test\wl_tool\scripts

Can you please give more details on what the agency asked in the rx_carrier script and what all is needed?

0 Likes

The agency asked to me if i have a test for a BLE, something like DTM https://www.silabs.com/documents/public/application-notes/an1046-bt-dtm.pdf .

0 Likes

You need to download the test/bt_mfg_test example and use the mbt tool.

For further details, please refer to RF Testing on Cypress BT Devices - KBA228303 and CYW43438 Compliance Mode

0 Likes

Where i can found the CyBluetool program to send the different tests?

0 Likes
0 Likes

Thx.

To Upload the code "bt_mfg_test.c", can i use CyBluetool? or i need to upload the code only by mbt tool/IDE?

0 Likes

You need to download using the IDE.

To use CYbluetool or MBT tool the bt_mfg_test needs to be downloaded from the IDE.