Information about calibration on CY8C201xx device

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
HaMa_4684566
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, is there any way to have informations about calibration perfomed by a CY8C201xx device because there is no sensor calibration register.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi,

CapSense is geared towards detecting touches by means of a change in capacitance. Hence, there is no requirement for calibration to absolute capacitance. CapSense detects changes in capacitance, and for most part is self tuning within permissible range to detect touches.

I request you to refer to AN64846 - Getting Started with CapSense® .

Kindly note that Cypress recommends the CapSense MBR3 solutions for new designs.

Best regards,

Sampath Selvaraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

Could you please elaborate what do you mean by calibration? Do you mean tuning of the sensors? If yes, registers related to sensor tuning are present in registers guide. The following is the registers guide for the device family CY8C201xx.

https://www.cypress.com/file/120086/download

If those registers are not what you want, kindly elaborate more regarding the calibration that you want.

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes

Hi GaneshD,

By calibration I mean detection of capacitance of the pad. Other capacitive sensor seems to evaluate capacitance of the pad first then measure the difference of capacitance to detect a touch. I want to evaluate problems which can occur if we start the sensor with different case like finger on the sensor at start. My question is about registers to manage this.

0 Likes

Hi,

CapSense is geared towards detecting touches by means of a change in capacitance. Hence, there is no requirement for calibration to absolute capacitance. CapSense detects changes in capacitance, and for most part is self tuning within permissible range to detect touches.

I request you to refer to AN64846 - Getting Started with CapSense® .

Kindly note that Cypress recommends the CapSense MBR3 solutions for new designs.

Best regards,

Sampath Selvaraj

0 Likes