Modus Toolbox new version

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
jcsb1994
Level 4
Level 4
First solution authored 50 replies posted 50 sign-ins

Hi,

I am new to modus toolbox and tried learning how to use it with the youtube tutorial series by cypress but the GUI seems to have changed quite a lot. I cannot find where the design resources are (pins, etc) like in psoc creator.. The peripherals tab is empty

Is there a series of videos for a quick learning curve for the most recent modus toolbox software?

I also have very few code examples for the PSOC6 wifi-BT pioneer ki compared to what was available in the youtube videos. How can I get more examples? I wanted to get an example code for the Oled screen that comes with the kit too.

Thank you!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi JeSi_4326976​,

I cannot find where the design resources are (pins, etc) like in psoc creator

Pin configuration settings can be found in the Device Configurator in Eclipse IDE for ModusToolbox. You can find the Device Configurator in the Quick Panel under Tools section as shown -

pastedImage_5.png

You can refer to this guide to learn about Device Configurator - Device Configurator Guide.

The Eclipse IDE for ModusToolbox Quick Start Guide walks you through the different steps required to import a code example and program your device. Please let me know if that helps.

I wanted to get an example code for the Oled screen that comes with the kit too

Can you please check the emWin OLED FreeRTOS example and let me know if that is the code example you are looking for? Apart from that, you can find all the code examples in our GitHub repo - GitHub - cypresssemiconductorco/Code-Examples-for-ModusToolbox-Software: This ReadMe links to all av...

Regarding peripherals tab, please refer to this thread - GPIO registers are not displayed in memory window

Hope this helps,

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
jcsb1994
Level 4
Level 4
First solution authored 50 replies posted 50 sign-ins

photos were missing:

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

0 Likes
Rakshith

Hi JeSi_4326976​,

I cannot find where the design resources are (pins, etc) like in psoc creator

Pin configuration settings can be found in the Device Configurator in Eclipse IDE for ModusToolbox. You can find the Device Configurator in the Quick Panel under Tools section as shown -

pastedImage_5.png

You can refer to this guide to learn about Device Configurator - Device Configurator Guide.

The Eclipse IDE for ModusToolbox Quick Start Guide walks you through the different steps required to import a code example and program your device. Please let me know if that helps.

I wanted to get an example code for the Oled screen that comes with the kit too

Can you please check the emWin OLED FreeRTOS example and let me know if that is the code example you are looking for? Apart from that, you can find all the code examples in our GitHub repo - GitHub - cypresssemiconductorco/Code-Examples-for-ModusToolbox-Software: This ReadMe links to all av...

Regarding peripherals tab, please refer to this thread - GPIO registers are not displayed in memory window

Hope this helps,

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes
Rakshith

Providing link to a similar discussion - Modus Toolbox new version?

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes