WICED SENSE does not wake up when powered though USB

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

hello,

i am downloading wiced_sense (example) program to WICED Sense and it works fine when it is powered by coin cell, but if it is powered by USB, it does not wakeup although if i press the wake key of the module.

do i need to change anything in the code to make wake key work on USB powered?

thanking you...

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Sid,

The WICED Sense program will send out advertisements, but after a while it is programmed to power off if there is no connection. Once you turn on the Sense and connect it to USB power, if you pair the Sense with a device (Try with LightBlue app if you have an iOS device) it will stay awake. Once it powers off though you will have to go back to the coin cell battery to power it up again. Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Jaeyoung

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
JacobT_81
Employee
Employee
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hi rsiddhanth

There's a special procedure for running the Sense Kit on USB power.

Procedure for Running WICED Sense Tag on USB Power

Jacob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you Jacob

i performed the procedure as given before too but when i plug into USB, the red status LED is not glowing.

what this means?

thank you...

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

after plugging USB, it will stay for 20 seconds (approximately) and then LED goes OFF and if i press wake button (while it works when cell coined) it does not glow anymore...

sorry for incomplete information in above message...

0 Likes

Hi Sid,

The WICED Sense program will send out advertisements, but after a while it is programmed to power off if there is no connection. Once you turn on the Sense and connect it to USB power, if you pair the Sense with a device (Try with LightBlue app if you have an iOS device) it will stay awake. Once it powers off though you will have to go back to the coin cell battery to power it up again. Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Jaeyoung

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you Jaeyoung

0 Likes